Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Boost Logic GTR 203 MPH Video and Details

14K views 35 replies 30 participants last post by  KingsPerformance 
#1 ·
We finally are back to the shop and getting situated. It has been a rough few weeks getting ready for the TX2K10 and then the Texas Mile but we are happy with our results and performance at both events. Some of you may follow our Supra and know we set the new record for the World's Quickest Supra at 7.59@189 and won second in the drag racing event against another Supra which we tuned as well. Here is a video of the record pass:

Well onto last weekend, we brought our black GTR to the Texas Mile. We ran 197 at 23psi and then 203 at 25psi making about 823rwhp according to our dyno in RWD. The car certainly has much more potential in it which will be discovered on the built motor.

The current modifications are

Boost Logic Twin Turbo Kit
Boost Logic Intercooler with 3" Piping Upgrade
Tial Blow Off Valves
Boost Logic 4" Midpipe and Exhaust System
Boost Logic Jet Fighter Exhaust Tips
Boost Logic Stage 1 Fuel System

HKS AFK
HKS EVC 6

Haltech Engine Management Tuned By Tuning Concepts
Cobb Tune to remove Speed Limiters and Rev Limits (Cobb was nice enough to overnight this to us Wednesday and we definitely couldn't have this record without him)

ADV 5.1 Wheels
HKS Coilovers

Let me know what you guys think of the Exhaust Tips. One of our guys came up with the idea and I wasn't really sure about it. Now after seeing it all come together I'm putting a set of these on my red car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?eurl=http%3A%...yer_profilepage

See less See more
1 1
#11 ·
Congrats on both the Supra and the GT-R record.

You were the first to go over 200mph in the mile in a GT-R and nobody can take that away from you.

As Eric said. Well deserved!

#14 ·
just wondering but how are you guys able to make so much power at such a low psi, doesnt 22/23psi net you around 700whp with upgraded turbos??

#21 ·
I think he was lifting on gear changes .. not to upset the clutchs..

car sounded wicked!!

BL what will be your plan with the shifting issues with 1000whp?? seems like with 800 ..you cant shift..

#23 ·
i like the exhaust tips but agreed that Id have to see in person.... HOWEVER...i greatly applaud the design, I havent yet changed my catback because I have spending mods on other stuff than power lately, but secondly...I have an issue spending $2k-3 on exhausts that look the same as stock... other than titanium tips and the oval tips (on my favorite ARC exhaust...$5k!!!) this is the most unique....awesome job on the design and your run

#28 ·
1.5 more psi(remember this equates to 50+ hp on our setup), and some minor aero changes to the car netted the 6mph gain.

I believe we will be retiring this particular car after we finish the engine and the drivetrain upgrades. It will be shipped off to the owner(Roberto) in Panama, S.A. as a 1000+whp monster
Do not fret though, as we still have the red shop car ;)

Justin

#29 ·
It was on race fuel... although we could have accomplished it on E85(for all intent, let's call that "pump" fuel... lol), I decided it was safer to run race fuel in the event we decided to turn it up at the event(think 900+whp). We were relieved from anymore competition before I could crank it up, however :(

Justin

#30 ·
Some of the guys in the R35 section are saying the gears run out around 202mph. So I'm asking Boost logic, what is the top speed of a gtr with mods? And if it is around 203 what are you guys doing to increase it? Does your tune raise the rev limiter to get there? Or will Cams do the job?

#31 ·
have to raise the rev limiter.

#34 ·
For Dyno purposes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.