Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im finally in the E85 club and it feels great. Going full bolt on and E85 is really how the car should come out the factory

i got work done by boostlogic and couldnt be happier with the work they have done so far. Supposedly i made 590 rwhp while my car was hot.
Had some runs today with other gtrs and aventadors and it seems that i may have more than 590. Oh well.

just wondering for the future... whats the next step to getting more power? also is an inter cooler really necessary for a FBO E85 package or?

Anyways props to Boostlogic and thanks Jason and Zohair for everything and getting me in while your busy schedule for Texas Invitational.

· Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turbo upgrade on stock engine limiting HP/TQ or turbo upgrade, intercooler, fuel system, engine build, trans upgrade.
haha im gonna try not to get that far into my build.. i dont want to build trans.. engine. etc.

· Registered
2,296 Posts
Not much you can do from fbo/e85. Stage one turbos is your next bet. 100 more whp while limiting torque allows you to run stock engine and transmission.

· Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not much you can do from fbo/e85. Stage one turbos is your next bet. 100 more whp while limiting torque allows you to run stock engine and transmission.
sounds good

· Registered
233 Posts
I had the BL640 FBO E85 and it was awesome... I then went to the BL750x and BL Intake Manifold. THe car puts down 758 and 610. I love it. Still stock motor and trans. Runs great and not a single issue.

· Registered
76 Posts
Trying to get a jump on the pack haha I was wondering the same thing. Hadn't heard of just a stage 1 turbo upgrade though, I'm very intrigued!

Based on what I've seen in staged upgrade packages, the intercooler is usually done along with upgraded turbos and intercooler piping with BOVs. Exceeding 600 lb*ft of torque is where the stock transmission starts to approach its limits. From what I've read, launching at your stage with a good hook will eventually wear your transmission down pretty good and it may fail (at which time, of course, you finally have the excuse to upgrade your transmission and jump to the next big stage of the R35 path haha). FBO + E85 is a very comfortable stage IMO but I'll be happy to get that extra 100whp from upgrading to stage 1 turbos. Upgraded intercooler isn't a bad idea with this Texas heat though.. My next step will probably be the FMIC/piping/BOVs/turbos.

· Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the BL640 FBO E85 and it was awesome... I then went to the BL750x and BL Intake Manifold. THe car puts down 758 and 610. I love it. Still stock motor and trans. Runs great and not a single issue.
how long have you had the 750 package and how are you making so much power without the tranny giving out?? theres gotta be something else to it..

· Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Trying to get a jump on the pack haha I was wondering the same thing. Hadn't heard of just a stage 1 turbo upgrade though, I'm very intrigued!

Based on what I've seen in staged upgrade packages, the intercooler is usually done along with upgraded turbos and intercooler piping with BOVs. Exceeding 600 lb*ft of torque is where the stock transmission starts to approach its limits. From what I've read, launching at your stage with a good hook will eventually wear your transmission down pretty good and it may fail (at which time, of course, you finally have the excuse to upgrade your transmission and jump to the next big stage of the R35 path haha). FBO + E85 is a very comfortable stage IMO but I'll be happy to get that extra 100whp from upgrading to stage 1 turbos. Upgraded intercooler isn't a bad idea with this Texas heat though.. My next step will probably be the FMIC/piping/BOVs/turbos.
haha im good with fbo e85 as well.. i just want to see what would be in store for me if i even ever pulled the plug lol.. i dont want to have to worry about launching and messing up the tranny

· Registered
375 Posts
how long have you had the 750 package and how are you making so much power without the tranny giving out?? theres gotta be something else to it..
The torque does most of the damage. Even though he is at 758 whp, his torque is limited to 610.

Sent from my A0001 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like Tach said. I only have 610 on the Tq. SO its all good so far. few K miles and it runs great.
so what are you doing in a 1/4

· Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.