Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Big thanks to Zohair for fitting me in and Roman for a meticulous install ... and for tolerating all my questions and hovering. LOL. BL had posted their titanium 3" intake on the boards a little while ago, and I needed a 3" intake so I decided to give it a try...

While I was there, I could not help but go with the full exhaust setup. Previously I had just the Quadzilla with OEM exhaust which honestly sounded great. Now with the full exhaust... the sound is everything you could want. Quiet on the freeway. Loud at WOT. Great tone. No drone. Serious weight loss.

Thanks to everyone I messaged who has this exhaust. Everyone gave it two thumbs up - but I was worried it would be loud on cruise and get annoying. Absolutely not. Drove it home 3 hours last night without any issues - listening to stereo at 50% volume and talking on the BlueTooth. The welds / quality is amazing.

Best of all, with the intakes you can really hear the turbos!!!!

Here is a short iPhone clip of the test drive.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Nice job...u have titanium fever!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Love my exhaust. Wait until it starts to go blue

·
Registered
162 Posts
Love my exhaust. Wait until it starts to go blue
Looking at your build, I realize how "more than I need" the 4" exhaust is for me... lol

Im a little late to the JDM scene, but I love the blueish titanium too! Im surprised how quiet the exhaust is. Although I should add, Im on stock downpipes (for sound reasons).

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Mod fever. This should last for a bit... the next step is a bit more money ;)

Looking at your build, I realize how "more than I need" the 4" exhaust is for me... lol

Im a little late to the JDM scene, but I love the blueish titanium too! Im surprised how quiet the exhaust is. Although I should add, Im on stock downpipes (for sound reasons).
its sounds so amzing regardless of the supporting mods. I would buy this exhaust if i were going to be my only mod on a gtr

some blueing pics...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Una, love those pics!!!

MrBadKitty, yes running a Cobb tune. Also added 1000cc injectors. People say adding MP and a tune and the car "wakes up." I thought that alone was a small increase.

But intakes, injectors, exhaust, tune --- and holy wow. It's a beast

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
867 Posts
Big thanks to Zohair for fitting me in and Roman for a meticulous install ... and for tolerating all my questions and hovering. LOL. BL had posted their titanium 3" intake on the boards a little while ago, and I needed a 3" intake so I decided to give it a try...

While I was there, I could not help but go with the full exhaust setup. Previously I had just the Quadzilla with OEM exhaust which honestly sounded great. Now with the full exhaust... the sound is everything you could want. Quiet on the freeway. Loud at WOT. Great tone. No drone. Serious weight loss.

Thanks to everyone I messaged who has this exhaust. Everyone gave it two thumbs up - but I was worried it would be loud on cruise and get annoying. Absolutely not. Drove it home 3 hours last night without any issues - listening to stereo at 50% volume and talking on the BlueTooth. The welds / quality is amazing.

Best of all, with the intakes you can really hear the turbos!!!!

Here is a short iPhone clip of the test drive.

a benefit/reason going dual to dual split back into dual on the midpipe?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think the quad design was mainly for sound, and increased flow without drone. It's an amazing piece. The sound and power with oem exhaust is really nice.

The spring pieces are to allow the exhaust pieces to move a little in/out ... Same idea as the mesh pieces you see in most mid pipes. Funny... I only know because I asked Roman during the install ;)

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think the quad design was mainly for sound, and increased flow without drone. It's an amazing piece. The sound and power with oem exhaust is really nice.

The spring pieces are to allow the exhaust pieces to move a little in/out ... Same idea as the mesh pieces you see in most mid pipes. Funny... I only know because I asked Roman during the install ;)
whats in the connection to keep from exhaust leaking?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Connection to downpipes is gasket. Then the rest of the exhaust has a pretty generous sleeve fit... The springs allow play in the fit to compensate for contraction / expansion / motion

·
Registered
27 Posts
So you did injectors, intake, exhaust and tune but with factory down pipes and you still feel the car came more alive? I'm just curious as I have similar parts (not Ti) but thought I would need down pipes to benefit from the injector/intake set up.

The car sounds amazing and you've got me wanting to move forward on my factory down pipes. Congrats on the sound and set up!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
So you did injectors, intake, exhaust and tune but with factory down pipes and you still feel the car came more alive? I'm just curious as I have similar parts (not Ti) but thought I would need down pipes to benefit from the injector/intake set up.

The car sounds amazing and you've got me wanting to move forward on my factory down pipes. Congrats on the sound and set up!!
Absolutely! Feels like a totally different car than stock AND a huge step up from mid-pipe tune only.

I'm probably leaving 30-40 whp on the table but not having downpipes and another decent amount by not running E85. However, I drive this car a lot (recently it was my daily when my X5 was down) and I didn't want the huge increase in sound that comes with the downpipe change. I also think that's why the exhaust sounds so great and then mean as hell at wot. With the downpipes the whole volume would be a lot higher.

I'm setting the car up to be a bad a$$ street car and also strong on the road course (suspension next week) that I can drive during the week. A true all-rounder. ;). I think the car stock - had enough power for the track so I wasn't targeting max power (hence no downpipes). I did the injectors and intakes because my tuner said I needed them to make the most of a custom tune. I did the full exhaust out of poor impulse control. LOL

I was absolutely blown away at the change in power and sound - and this is BEFORE the custom tune. :)

Which mods are you running now?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts