Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Will trade patents for car parts
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been logging my car as I work with Ben on my tune and I am at 95% IDC on Bosch 1000 injectors. I guess I do not technically need to change injectors yet, but as I'm getting ready to upgrade a few things, I think it's probably wise. So the question is then how big to go. The options I am considering right now are ASNU 1100 and ID1300. For now I'm FBO E85 (except OEM muffler). Any feedback on quality / drivability / best vendor to buy from etc would be appreciated.

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
Do you have any future plans of upgrading turbos/building engine and trans?

·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any future plans of upgrading turbos/building engine and trans?
Yes. For now the plan is engine and trans build to support upgraded stock frame turbos. Ultimate power goals of 800-900 WHP.

But I know it's a slippery slope.

·
Vendor
2,775 Posts
That's a pretty bold statement.

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
I'm asnu 1050cc and hitting 70%-75% range on 70% ethanol in 40 ish degree temps...

Fbo e85 except for cat back...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW

·
Registered
803 Posts
So I have been logging my car as I work with Ben on my tune and I am at 95% IDC on Bosch 1000 injectors. I guess I do not technically need to change injectors yet, but as I'm getting ready to upgrade a few things, I think it's probably wise. So the question is then how big to go. The options I am considering right now are ASNU 1100 and ID1300. For now I'm FBO E85 (except OEM muffler). Any feedback on quality / drivability / best vendor to buy from etc would be appreciated.
The ID 1300 will give you more than enough head room and provide a great idle and drivability

·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ID 1300 will give you more than enough head room and provide a great idle and drivability
This is what I have heard from a lot of people.

I am going to try a hardwire kit and perhaps one other part first to make sure I have adequate flow. Then if I am still at high IDCs, I'll get some new injectors. But the consensus seems to be lots of people at FBO E85 getting along fine with 1000cc injectors.

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
Your problem is likely degrading filtration not your injectors.

Same old story different day. Friend just had this same issue. Replaces ALL filters and IDC is back in the 70s.

Hardwire is a good start. Do a proper one though and not some cheap kit. Run audio grade 4awg to passenger seat area. Then branch off that with 10 or 12 awg. Overkill for now but will be great for when you want 900 awhp.

·
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your problem is likely degrading filtration not your injectors.

Same old story different day. Friend just had this same issue. Replaces ALL filters and IDC is back in the 70s.

Hardwire is a good start. Do a proper one though and not some cheap kit. Run audio grade 4awg to passenger seat area. Then branch off that with 10 or 12 awg. Overkill for now but will be great for when you want 900 awhp.
Thanks! Yes, I agree that the filter media could be an issue. I plan to take care of it when I do the hardwire kit.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts