Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a 2008 Audi RS4 today and the Bose System in there seemed way better than in our GTRs.
Mine is a 2014 and always though the system didn't sound good for a Bose. It sounds like any other music system.
Wondering if everyone knows why and what can be done to upgrade and if it an easy/expensive to do?
Thanks

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
9,690 Posts
_^^ +1

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, what's bad about the factory Bose set up (speaker, amp, everything)? That it doesn't sound like the Audi Bose System?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I was in a 2008 Audi RS4 today and the Bose System in there seemed way better than in our GTRs.
Mine is a 2014 and always though the system didn't sound good for a Bose. It sounds like any other music system.
Wondering if everyone knows why and what can be done to upgrade and if it an easy/expensive to do?
Thanks
Wow I can't disagree more. The stock system in my gt-r is far better than my rs4 was. Hard to believe but I think something is wrong with your gt-r stereo system.

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Not hard to believe, I thought mine was nothing impressive since day 1
Same here, although I'm not bitching. It's not the worst; however I expected a bit more from Nissan. My 2 BMW's I had (E92 ///M3 and a 335is, both 2011) had Harmon Kardon and that sound system blew the BOSE in the GTR away.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anyone know of the speakers are lower quality, the head unit or the amp? Never seen a Bose system being like that, it just feels like any other sound systems

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
Does anyone know of the speakers are lower quality, the head unit or the amp? Never seen a Bose system being like that, it just feels like any other sound systems
I know you know this, but one of the main things I noticed, is that when the engine isn't running, the sound of the system is eons better. I guess what I'm saying is don't forget to take into account that this car has more road noise than possibly any other. The runflats are noisy, the transmission is noisy, the drivetrain rattles, etc. For me, it's hard to expect a great sound from this sound system while on the road.

·
I Haul Ass
1,871 Posts
Thanks
The Bose in my '14 GTR sounds better to me than Bose in my '04 S4 ever did.

Sadly, the engine ... doesn't - although it more than makes up for it with brute force.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It's not like Bose is crap, think it's all in your head. Maybe Audi had more speakers

Sent from my SM-N900T using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You can upgrade everything after the head unit fairly easy. Or you can go more custom and add a secondary head unit. Depends how much modification you want to do to the stock setup

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Bose is ok for factory systems, you just cant compare to a decent aftermarket setup for sound quality

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just read all the audio threads on this forum. The Bose system in the GT-R is pretty crappy. When you take out the speakers and inspect them, you would be surprised at the poor quality. I think Nissan just put all the engineering into the car's performance and the stereo system was just sort of an afterthought. In contrast, the B&O system in the Audi A8 and the B&W system in the Jaguar XF were far better sounds systems. There is a reason why Bose has become known as "Blose", because as far as audio quality vs cost, it just blows.

·
Registered
313 Posts
This is just me...but I have a 2014 Audi S4 with the B&O and a 2015 GT-R with the Bose and the Bose blows the B&O away! It's not even close. Again, That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
This is just me...but I have a 2014 Audi S4 with the B&O and a 2015 GT-R with the Bose and the Bose blows the B&O away! It's not even close. Again, That's just my opinion.
Agree 1000%

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I just heard the top of the line mark Levinson system in the new Lexus rcf and it also sounds like shit compared to the Bose in the dba gtr

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
For people who mostly do Bluetooth streaming in their car, it is best to bypass the factory source entirely. Mosconi for example has the option in their 6to8 to direct stream while keeping the factory signal for everything else. Unfortunately, this isn't a cheap road. That is a step in an entire system replacement (minus headunit) process.

Comparing factory systems, the Bose system in my 2014 Mazda 3 is superior to the GT-R's. There are no "subs" in the system either, but instead very large door speakers. There is actually midbass in the car. Adding a simple, cheap preboxed 10" sub made that system sound very good.

The Sony system in my Ford Raptor - bleh. I'd say slightly better than the GT-R, but really splitting hairs.

Factory Bose system in the 2009 G37 I had was again, pretty good. Large door speakers provided good midbass and adding a sub made for a cheap, but effective upgrade.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I was also impressed by the Bose in my 2011 Premium. Best stock stereo I've heard yet (Though my luxury car experience is low)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts