Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car is almost ready to be started up.. Few more days and we should be good to go as long as their are no headaches. Just wanted to know if people just start up the get the car running and idling on regular cheap Dino oil to get it running and idling and maybe just drive it around very slightly for a little bit then drain it and replace with a higher quality oil.... is this a problem?

Mark

·
Registered
812 Posts
That's what I did for my Z, but you got a GTR where it runs Mobil 1 0w-30 I believe from the factory, so just run the mobil 1. Just my two cents. Also, since it's a new engine, PRIME the engine before the first start up to coat the engine.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea definitely going to prime the engine up... Ill just do the 0-40w or Mobil one i guess for the first couple changes... which ill do quickly.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
ill used mobil one ..

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hope I helped a bit. lol If you don't mind me asking, is the specs going to be the same as the new engine?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a boost logic Stroker engine with a set of Head games heads all done up. Boost logic Turbo kit etc.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
so u got your head ported also..

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes head games did an excellent job on the heads... Ported, complete ferrea valve train setup, B-Series Kelford Cams,..

Testing out these new CEA Turbine wheel Precision turbos. See how they go. Should spool very hard and fast, especially with the stroker.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea man... been way too long.. really hope everything goes smooth with no headaches.. or nothing major at least. Just want to enjoy her again and cruise around and go to all the car meets out here... the big power will have to be put on pause till the money for the transmission build comes in.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
congrats Mark! Can't wait to see those #'s!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Congrats I would just warm it up and dump the oil and filter, then re fill and do break in. Worked well for the supra motors

·
Registered
734 Posts
Congrats Mark! I should have gone Boost Logic kit myself. Sounds like a Monster setup!

·
Registered
176 Posts
sickk set up ya def prime it and id just run the stock oil... also is this joe? Jon aka Gimpy works for me he always talks about your car

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope my name is mark.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Joe C. lives out your way with the boost logic setup as well that tears up the streets.... his car is nasty too.. ill be meeting up with him to roll once I'm back up and running.. he's a good guy. Im sure we will cross paths ill be going to all the meets and what not.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Joe C. lives out your way with the boost logic setup as well that tears up the streets.... his car is nasty too.. ill be meeting up with him to roll once I'm back up and running.. he's a good guy. Im sure we will cross paths ill be going to all the meets and what not.
Thanks.. when you car is done well def do some rolls. cant wait to see it all back together

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
About time ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Im Joe lol... We gotta link up sometime. Im right in westbury so not far at all

Thanks.. when you car is done well def do some rolls. cant wait to see it all back together
haha wooops!! oh ya awesome duh lol you where supposed to come to the track with us correct? matt was doing a rental

1 - 20 of 20 Posts