Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Hey guys, i just ordered the HKS SSQV bovs to install on my stock upper pipes (with the adapter). I know that for VTA, you need to be SD tuned.

Now, I never purchased the SD kit, however, when I returned back home and had a new retune the map says SD tune. So I've asked my tuner about this and he replied "I only tune base on SD" and said I should be ok with VTA bovs.

Question #1: is it possible to tune SD without the SD kit?? I don't know how that works... It was an e-tune so I don't think he installed any sd kit without telling me.

This is my current: any sd proof show, sorry for my ignorance
991d7017c836f3192bb0b880df60cf6f.jpg

Question #2: anyone knows where i can order replacement bov hose clamps incase mine get damaged?

Question #3: other option, is to replace the Silicone hose kit,
  • I'm looking for BLUE hoses, any suggestions which brand?
  • If i go with the hose kit, does it require removing the bumper or intake manifold??
  • Below I marked the silicone parts that matter the most for me, Need help in identifying which parts are for what (sizings) see below.

61ccc28faf646bc114302c76b09f0f9d.jpg
d14cad85b43cbfb9e3d0da834c613d6c.jpg

Thank you

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi MAJJ,

I have the same setup HKS SSQV with the adapters, my tuner said im am on SD tune. I currently do not have the SD kit, unless i am missing something but my car runs fine.
Hey, so you're running VTA, took off the recirculating hose?

Yeah same i checked again with my tuner he said you dont need the sd kit as long your sd tuned.. im hoping that's the case

And you're maf is still there, no delete ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.