Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2010 Super Silver
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to install a pair of GFB TMS Respons BOVs and I'm going to switch out the factory vacuum hoses with HKS Super Silicone Hoses. I believe the correct inner diameter (ID) of the vacuum hoses is 6mm. Can anyone with the HKS SSQV4 kit confirm this? I think that kit comes with these hoses.

·
2010 Super Silver
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just heard back from GFB on this and they recommend a hose with an I.D. of 3/16" or 4.7mm. For best performance, it would have to be the same length and volume as the factory hose. I'll bump this thread with the factory hose I.D. when I measure it.

·
CMD
1,130 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Got BOVs coming in as well, and while I'll be using factory hoses for now, may upgrade at some point in the near future.

·
2010 Super Silver
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
7/32" vacuum line fits good.
Dave, is that the ID of the factory hose? That ID is equal to 5.5mm. Most Japanese hoses (e.g Greddy, HKS) come in either 3mm, 6mm, or 8mm. It looks like 6mm would be the best choice if you're going down this route, but the volume of the hose may be greater than the factory hose depending on how long you cut it. You could potentially shorten up the aftermarket hose to approximate the volume of the factory hose at its ID. However, given the volume delta, the effects may be negligible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts