Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

· T1 Race Development
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can't brake boost on a GTR, right?? Now you can.

We tested this at the TI invitational roll race last weekend and our 1200+hp GTR out there lost by a Supra by about 1 car without brake boosting and raced the Supra again and won by 3 cars with brake boosting! You know the drill, getting the jump on a roll race is huge, now we can brake boost and build as much boost as you're able to hold on the brakes!

More info on the T1 GTR Brake Boost Kit will be coming in the next week, but it's working great in our testing.

The setup in this video is an on/off switch, but the production kits will be a wireless momentary switch, simply hit the button when you want to brake boost and don't' when you don't want to.

· Registered
460 Posts
I have been dying to talk about this, Reza mentioned it yesterday in the AMS vs UGR thread. Beware Austin here it comes!

Tony and crew great job! As always.

· Registered
460 Posts
For a newbie on this subject - what exactly is brakeboosting ( in what you physcially do with your feet ) and what is it good for, so to speak....?
Airwalk,
Modern cars cut the throttle when the brakes are applied (remember the camry sudden acceleration scare a few years ago). Toyota didn't have it, so a lot of people blamed the accidents on lack of that feature. Hell Nissan made a point to tell everyone they had the cut off for years. So brake boosting allows the throttle to remain "active" when the brakes are applied, thus building boost. How it works with your feet, you are in roll race you modulate brake and accelerator (both feet) to achieve desired starting mph, when you start you have no lag time for the turbos to spool, they where already on full boil, because the brake did not over ride the throttle. You just lift from the brake and you are gone, oh hang on. A friend of mine described this to me as feeling like he doubled his HP he was so giddy yesterday when he picked up his car from Tony, he sounded like a school girl. Just kidding G! See you next week.

Edit: all info above is my belief on how it works, I reserve the right to be wrong. Except for the giddy part I was right about that.

Tony my questions are can you launch with it, and if so what does a transmission upgrade cost?

· Registered
198 Posts
subscribed..... lol I'll be in the back if you need me.

· Banned
2,046 Posts
how will the clutches feel after this?// ok?/

· Registered
198 Posts
how will the clutches feel after this?// ok?/
This is for a rolling race, not a drag race. If your car is tuned for 600lb tq and your clutches are rated for 800 lb tq then your clutches should be fine. This mod is for guys doing the 40-80 mph roll races.

· Banned
2,046 Posts
not really...it can be hard on the clutches.
must likely they are bypassing the brake pedal signal so the ecu does not know the brake pedal is on..so the clutches are engaged
maybe Iam wrong.....in fact, I wish iam wrong...the gtrs need this BAD!!

· Registered
198 Posts
I'm not sure how it is different than loading the car on a dyno, or how that will heat the clutches. I don't follow.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.