Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Atleast that's what's being said here.

************NO********************

One o the forum members is deliberating between a Viper and a GTR and between the three Viper owners posting and a few GTR myths that are being recirculated - I don't think the GTR is getting a fair shake.

I've just been searching here for answers to questions and trying to pass on information but since I'm a lowly Fireman who has never owned a GTR everything I post for some reason is getting dismissed. I don't know if I have been posting valid info or not (I think I have, got most of it from here) but perhaps one or two of you could straighten us all out about Nissan dealers as well as maintenance costs? I think the guy should get which ever he is passionate about but I was just trying to make sure he had some valid info about the car. Any help appreciated...

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Not sure I get the question but :

- maintance web you get a gTr , it includes your maintenance for the first 18 000 miles ( in term of check up s an oils every 6000 miles and performance optimization every year ( relearn clutches etc etc )
That's mostly free( oil Changes at the dealership are tips 200$ )

- brakes : dealer will mark up Brambos , but any clever GtR owner knows that if he's rotors are done ( iv owned 2 GtR combining 33 000 miles on them together an never had to change the rotors ) he will go with a jhook or others .. An that's about 3000$ jobs all together .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sentiment over there is "you haven't owned one so all of your input is invalid"

Was kind of hoping an owner might be willing to share their experiences in regards to maintaining your cars.

As a potential buyer in the next few years I'm just as curious as well.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts

One o the forum members is deliberating between a Viper and a GTR and between the three Viper owners posting and a few GTR myths that are being recirculated - I don't think the GTR is getting a fair shake.

I've just been searching here for answers to questions and trying to pass on information but since I'm a lowly Fireman who has never owned a GTR everything I post for some reason is getting dismissed. I don't know if I have been posting valid info or not (I think I have, got most of it from here) but perhaps one or two of you could straighten us all out about Nissan dealers as well as maintenance costs? I think the guy should get which ever he is passionate about but I was just trying to make sure he had some valid info about the car. Any help appreciated...
Just agree, then buy a GT-R and destroy any shit LS2 in existance....Fk em. Ask them what it's like to corner, how a plastic interior feels, how it feels to be destroyed by a Neon, etc etc. Fkn LS2 ********

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're not all bad guys over there but there is an exceptional amount of douchery in that particular thread. The OP is the only one I'm concerned with, he's a good guy and might be getting coached with bad info. There's no way you can change some people's minds though - I agree with you there jasper

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Just agree, then buy a GT-R and destroy any shit LS2 in existance....Fk em. Ask them what it's like to corner, how a plastic interior feels, how it feels to be destroyed by a Neon, etc etc. Fkn LS2 ********
This will be the best advice you will get sir.

And brakes will cost you 8k at the dealer, but much less when you go with other better brands. And keep in mind they will last a long ass time and you only have to replace what's wore down, not the whole set front and back.

Edit: oem brakes and pads are a wear and tear item and have no warranty once you use them up and need new ones. its your right to spend what you want where you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure I get the question but :

- maintance web you get a gTr , it includes your maintenance for the first 18 000 miles ( in term of check up s an oils every 6000 miles and performance optimization every year ( relearn clutches etc etc )
That's mostly free( oil Changes at the dealership are tips 200$ )

- brakes : dealer will mark up Brambos , but any clever GtR owner knows that if he's rotors are done ( iv owned 2 GtR combining 33 000 miles on them together an never had to change the rotors ) he will go with a jhook or others .. An that's about 3000$ jobs all together .
I did find the j hooks and posted about them. Then some guy who knows a regional Nissan manager started talking about the likelyhood that those would cancel the warranty. I also mentioned how alot of user have logged 40k plus on the factory rotors and only the guys tracking there cars found the need to replace sooner. Some of those guys are wealthy and have owned some exotic cars and seems like you can't tell them any thing. I'm not really that concerned with them though - just the OP

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
There are better aftermarket brakes than the brembos and performance shops do the labor for much cheaper than any dealership so we see a lot of that. A LOT of dealers are rip offs anyway for a lot of brand cars. Find a good dealership and stay away from the bad ones seems to be the key.

Brakes are consumables and won't void warranty. I didn't read original thread but I don't see how a dealership will void a cars warranty if u don't buy there 8k brake service.

There is also a gtr hotline number to call and complain of crazy issues such as that if you seem like ur getting duped.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
Just point those guys to this forum and be done. That guy should be asking his questions here not a forum full of a lot of brand whores who will say anything to bash what they don't like.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I did find the j hooks and posted about them. Then some guy who knows a regional Nissan manager started talking about the likelyhood that those would cancel the warranty. I also mentioned how alot of user have logged 40k plus on the factory rotors and only the guys tracking there cars found the need to replace sooner. Some of those guys are wealthy and have owned some exotic cars and seems like you can't tell them any thing. I'm not really that concerned with them though - just the OP
People will have their opinions, and you can only inform the op best you know. Coming here helped me out a lot learning about this car. I'll gone you a jay z regarding getting into in with those rich guys ect on that thread.

"A wise man told me don't argue with fools
Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who"

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
read that entire thread. What a clusterfuck. I feel bad for the OP in that thread.

Someday he could be as happy with his GTR as i am with mine

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i couldnt not register and post in that thread. Slow day at the office

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Agreed, don't get me wrong here people: The lsx is an incredible engine that has been around for a very long time and is proven thru and thru. The issue is the rest of the vehicle, no matter what you call it, an LS2 chassis from the factory is old news, it's old fashioned, it's outdated, might as well talk about a gullwing merc or an ae86. Great for their time, but why owners talk trash about systems that are decades ahead, make no sense.

Geezus, mullets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lol

Funny thing is almost nobody on that site has an LSX any more. We all joined when we were young and thought camaro's were cool but have all since grown up and moved on. We've had the same member base since LS2 started, despite a couple obnoxious members it's a pretty good cast, actually. 90% of the posts on that board are in the Bar-N-Grill though if that tells you anything. Even by the folks who used to be interested in them - the LSX is long forgotten.

ZO6/ZR1 and the v caddies are still cool to me though

·
AllYourBoostAreBelongToUs
358 Posts
hey style_front, and others, im an old school member on that board, and have something like 2,000 posts on that board back from my 2001 LS1 Camaro SS days... ill be commenting

·
Registered
5,168 Posts

************NO********************

make it stop.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.