Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up Tampa

Thinking about hitting Bredenton on following days

10th Dec this Thursday test and tune
19th Dec Saturday 8p-1am street heat
2nd Jan 2016 Saturday 8p-1am.street heat

Hope to see some of you there. Trying to go as much as possible over next few months while we have cold air and hopefully more colder air to come so we can set new records.

C ya out there!

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
I'll be there around 7:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.

·
Registered
430 Posts
First run and new personal best. Lower mph due to higher temp weather and after driving 1.5hrs and not letting it cool off. (I guess)

Let's see if I can do better as night progresses.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was nice meeting y'all at the track looking forward to the next time.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using GT-R Life mobile app
Nice meeting you as well.

Few of us are going back on the 19th Dec Saturday racing from 9p-1a and weather is looking to be in high to mid 50f during that time. Should be good DA for new records.

C ya around

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Low of 54 tomorrow. Coldest night this winter and then it's back to high 80s for the rest of this year. May be last chance for this year to run new best.

I ll be there tomorrow. Leaving Wesley Chapel areas around 6ish and heading south.

C ya there!

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
Just wanted to update this thread. Had a blast with everyone. My car ran 10.20 @ 132. Time for Beast to one up me next time ; we keep going back and forth.

My wife locked the keys in her car with it running. Uggghhh. Had to call a locksmith. She ran 11.96 in her CTS-V and wasn't thinking straight. LOL. Got home at 4am

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wanted to update this thread. Had a blast with everyone. My car ran 10.20 @ 132. Time for Beast to one up me next time ; we keep going back and forth.

My wife locked the keys in her car with it running. Uggghhh. Had to call a locksmith. She ran 11.96 in her CTS-V and wasn't thinking straight. LOL. Got home at 4am
Get ready for another good racing night on 2nd January and I ll probably go on 7th as well.

Joe's car is more beast then my beast. We keep going back and forth on who is faster but both cars are so close in performance.

Just as soon as I think I got him (my 10.27 to his 10.36) he sets new best of 10.20. Now I got to do a come back and bust a 10.19 or better next time we go.

I got the plan:
If we go on 2nd January as we planned, I ll have my new GFB BOV (no performance impact) and ability to adjust clutches not to slip and hope that it will be enough to get him. If I didn't bounce of rev limiter twice that last time on 2-3 shift, (i ran 10.3 with bouncing off rev limiter twice) i had a 10.19 run I know it but clutches slipping I think messed me up but I ll be hopefully able to adjust my clutches to prevent issues and hopefully set new best.

I got Ecutek diagnostic cable, GFB BOV from Santa so here I come Joe! Ho Ho Ho!

C ya next weekend

·
Registered
224 Posts
If I get there early enough to get in on some of the decent track prep before everyone drags their busted ass cars leaking shit all over the track, I should be down in there in the 10.1-10.3 range as well. We are all making almost identical power, just have different wheel/tire setups =).

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
If I get there early enough to get in on some of the decent track prep before everyone drags their busted ass cars leaking shit all over the track, I should be down in there in the 10.1-10.3 range as well. We are all making almost identical power, just have different wheel/tire setups =).
LOL Quoted for truth. Its usually about a good 30 minutes before the first piece-o-shit starts leaking water all over the starting line. I hate the mop boy.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL Quoted for truth. Its usually about a good 30 minutes before the first piece-o-shit starts leaking water all over the starting line. I hate the mop boy.
Exactly. Lol. I ll be there at 7 pm way early to let the car cool down and get few runs before water leaks start.

We all make very similar power Ralph you are right so we all should be running 10.1-10.2 this coming Saturday. Get ready to rumble brozillas!

C ya then!

·
Registered
430 Posts
It was good seeing everyone again. Great props to Steve for hitting his new best tonight. Way to go!

I just wish track prep was better and I think in order to run new best from here on, track prep has to be better, otherwise I just see it happening.

We need that private track rental. That may be our best hope for 10.0-10.19.

I was able to hit 10.29 again tonight but with worse 60ft.
1/8 of a mile speed is about 4mph off in the right lane.

With 1.52-1.55 old best 60ft, beast can run 10.0-10.19 but not tonight.

Take care all. Sty in touch for the next event!

Few slips from last night. Highest mph 134. But 60 ft still off so there is still room for improvement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Weather permitting we will be testing this Thursday!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts