Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I was fixing P0732 code, installing metal caps and additionally testing willall gear stop in the solenoids then I found a piece of metal on the pan magnet.. please can someone help identify what it is and where its from? Will this cause any problems in the future?

·
Registered
821 Posts
No there are really no helicoils that are in them from the factory but often the pan bolts will strip threads.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
No there are really no helicoils that are in them from the factory but often the pan bolts will strip threads.
Ok thank you Shep! really appreciate the help.. I feel better now that I know its not from any moving parts.. Are helicoils used in the GR6 at all?
Im hoping maybe it was stuck on the magnet accidentally from other car parts in the garage during the magnet transfer to the HKS pan..

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes.. I have found out today that the mechanic that worked on my HKS pan previously stripped a thread on screw no.5 and then had helicoil fix in it without even telling me about it. The helicoil broke off and luckily got caught by the single magnet... he only put one magnet in.. I m suspecting he broke the other magnet somehow.. that mechanic has since been fired.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts