Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Announcing the landing of Buddy Clubs P-1 damper! It will be using the factory rebound controller and also will be using Eibach Performance primary and helper springs to ensure a smooth ride, as well as, ultra-high performance. We are now taking pre-orders for the units to be hitting shores within the next month.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
ummmm.... that sounds really good actually. i dunno how it will compair to the JRZ but this has the adjustablility from the dash and rubber perch to reduce noise and a helper pring. not bad. let us know how it does.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
What are the front and rear spring rate values that can be used with these dampers? How does the damping chart compare to the OEM ones at the various switch settings? Are they much stiffer, and is the range from Comf to Normal to R wider than OEM. Looks good. Any charts?

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
How much for a set? $2000?

Any weight difference vs stock?

I'm also interested in the comparison spring rates vs stock and shock dampening effects vs stock.

Great concept if it truely works.

Is the competition setting suitable for track?

Does this coilover set favor street or does it favor track?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
What are the front and rear spring rate values that can be used with these dampers? How does the damping chart compare to the OEM ones at the various switch settings? Are they much stiffer, and is the range from Comf to Normal to R wider than OEM. Looks good. Any charts?
+1

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Agree with the questions above, and the comments.

Reading between the lines, it seems these allow for corner balancing, as well. Is that true?

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Agree with the questions above, and the comments.

Reading between the lines, it seems these allow for corner balancing, as well. Is that true?
In order to allow for corner balancing you must have a way to adjust ride height for all four corners.

Not all coilovers allow for full ride height adjustment. And some allow for shock dampening and rebound adjustment while some do not.

After installing the coilobers, you adjust ride height front and rear to be about where you want them based on looks and on tire clearance.

To do corner balancing you disconnect both front and rear sway bars to remove any preloading.

Then you use a balance for each wheel and put weight in the driver's seat equal to the driver with helmet. Make sure that all fluids are topped off such as gasoline. If possible have the car in race ready form but doesn't have to be the exact race wheels and tires. No extra stuff in the trunk that you would not have in the car during the track session. Each wheel balance is wired to a computer that keeps track of each combination of wheel weight. Usually you try to get cross weights to be equal, right front plus left rear = left front plus right rear. Since the driver is not in the center the weights for each wheel will be slightly different.

Small height changes on each wheel will result in changes of the weight balance for all of the others. It takes a little time and know how to get it just right. The benefit is that it is easy to turn right or left and handling is better.

After you get all the weights just right then you reconnect the front and rear swaybars. The easiest way to do that without adding preload again would be with at least one adjustable endlink on front and on the rear but many use adjustable endlinks on both sides.

For the GTR I think the Stillen front and rear swaybar upgrade comes with front and rear adjustable endlinks. The Cobb swaybars reuse the stock endlinks. A swaybar upgrade is not required for corner balancing.

Corner balancing is not required for street use. It is very helpful for high performance driving and track use.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys, busy day! I will have more specifics tomorrow. Yes these coilovers are compatible for street and track. If the dampening is stiffer if will give a wider variance from competition to street. The pre-load is separate from the height adjustment as you can see. So, you should be able to find a spring rate that has a great balance for both street and track. For those guys who only have street or back road carving in mind and those guys who's cars are track dominate you should find settings friendly to both. I will have more specifics i.e. spring rates, piston diameters, shaft diameters available soon too. While more track specific/only cars may opt for something like a Moto. This will be a great flexible coilover which makes use of the factory dampening controllers so many of you love. Retail shows to be $10,000 at the present time. Within the next few days, I should also have prices on installation with and without corner balancing for those who are interested as well.

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
$10k......

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Sorry guys, busy day! I will have more specifics tomorrow. Yes these coilovers are compatible for street and track. If the dampening is stiffer if will give a wider variance from competition to street.
I think it will be better to actually have these shocks dynoed and compared to the stock shocks. I highly doubt these shocks are any better than their other line ups for other cars. For 10K MSRP, they better have superior performance, which I personally think it's highly unlikely to be found in brands like Buddy Club.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Sorry guys, busy day! I will have more specifics tomorrow. Yes these coilovers are compatible for street and track. If the dampening is stiffer if will give a wider variance from competition to street. The pre-load is separate from the height adjustment as you can see. So, you should be able to find a spring rate that has a great balance for both street and track. For those guys who only have street or back road carving in mind and those guys who's cars are track dominate you should find settings friendly to both. I will have more specifics i.e. spring rates, piston diameters, shaft diameters available soon too. While more track specific/only cars may opt for something like a Moto. This will be a great flexible coilover which makes use of the factory dampening controllers so many of you love. Retail shows to be $10,000 at the present time. Within the next few days, I should also have prices on installation with and without corner balancing for those who are interested as well.
Cool! For that cost I will go JRZ tripples.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
$9995.00 i found cheapest for the buddy clubs.

JRZ's are full race but noisy. tripples are 600 cheaper and doubles (which are the same but double adjustable only) are 3800 cheaper.

the kw coilovers which are for street and comfort are 5800 cheaper.

where do these fall in the line?

for once "top secret" has something cheap in compairison :p

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
$9995.00 i found cheapest for the buddy clubs.

JRZ's are full race but noisy. tripples are 600 cheaper and doubles (which are the same but double adjustable only) are 3800 cheaper.

the kw coilovers which are for street and comfort are 5800 cheaper.

where do these fall in the line?

for once "top secret" has something cheap in compairison :p
im happy with my KW's .. if i ever step up it will be JRZ's or possibly another option at that time.. i will test my setup on the track next spring.. so who knows what will happen.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts