Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Are you asking about the high beam bulb itself or the small headlight accent bulb?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
accent or blinker bulb or whatever is amber in my 2016 headlight.
Ok that's easy! I switched mine to an amber LED. It's accessible from under the hood, twist and remove the fixture from the headlight housing, pull the bulb straight out. Plug in the LED, make sure it works before installing back into the housing. If it works wrap a small amount of electrical tape around the base of the LED and the fixture to ensure it does not pop out, they don't fit as snug as the regular bulb.

I purchased a full LED kit from a vendor here and they are great quality....let me find the name for you.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
went on their site... you know what bulb i need?
There are no relays required unless it's a blinker bulb which this is not.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Send forum member "skitzo" a PM. He was who I ordered my kit from and was very helpful!

·
I Haul Ass
1,871 Posts
accent or blinker bulb or whatever is amber in my 2016 headlight.
The "white" accent lamp is easily accessible from under the hood. Any T10 base LED bulb works there, but you want to stick with 5K color temperature for a closer match to factory HIDs.

The amber turn signal is accessible from the wheel well by removing the front wheel and peeling back wheel well liner. I have not found an amber LED bulb that will work without a load resistor there and won't cause the turn signal hyper-flashing.

Edit: re-read your post and noticed 2016 lights - don't think they even have the "accent" parking bulb, since they are LED with the thunderbolt, and not HID like per-2015 lights are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts