Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone. Picked up a Buschur catch can, I see where it mounts, however, not sure where the hoses run to. There is one short and a longer one, guessing it goes to the passenger and drivers side, but not certain. Anyone installed one of these that can confirm where the hoses run to? Thank you in advance for any help!

·
Registered
882 Posts
shorter one goes to pass nipple on valve cover and longer one goes to nipple on d/s nipple of valve cover.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey, everyone. Picked up a Buschur catch can, I see where it mounts, however, not sure where the hoses run to. There is one short and a longer one, guessing it goes to the passenger and drivers side, but not certain. Anyone installed one of these that can confirm where the hoses run to? Thank you in advance for any help!
Just installed mine today. You take the two short hoses off. One on passenger side and one on drivers side. It goes from the valve cover to the blow off return pipe. You block off the turbo/blow off return pipe with their small block offs provided by buschur. And the hose goes to valve cover

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys! Guessing the bottom valve with the brass fitting is for draining it?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Got any pics of the cc, ERror?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Anyone got any pics?

·
Registered
98 Posts

Sorry for th bad pics i have no light outside at the moment. U can see the last two pics from the drivers side.. Valve cover connection. Rifht below it beneath the intercooler pipe is the block off plug u use. The tubing ur pulling off is only about 4" long in total

·
Registered
98 Posts
In pic 1 u can see the braided line running from the catch can to the valve cover perfectly. That rubber hose runs literally 3 " down to a nipple feeding back into blow off vent

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Let me know how smelly it is. I may switch to the bushur setup solely to intercept the crankcase pcv

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much for the pics! Very helpful. Unfortunately, I already removed that small metal bracket--it looked like it wouldn't fit with it in place :(

Any advice on the tool to use to pinch that clamp on the braided line that goes to the valve cover side? I've never seen something like that.

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you so much for the pics! Very helpful. Unfortunately, I already removed that small metal bracket--it looked like it wouldn't fit with it in place :(

Any advice on the tool to use to pinch that clamp on the braided line that goes to the valve cover side? I've never seen something like that.
Which metal bracket?

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Which metal bracket?
The one the catch can mounting point goes overtop. There was harness attached to it--it was just holding them and keeping them organized.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Anyone have any long term use experience?

Running rich or black smoke gone?

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for posting the thread. You can also just use a pair of side cutter pliers to crimp those clamps.
Ah, thank you--I'll keep that in mind if I run across those again. Can installed nicely and at a very decent price--thanks, David!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts