Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
7.9 @ 175mph (Gen 3 SBD1400R)
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share a recent dealer's comments after his first SBD1200 Package install.

The engine is being exported, so there's no dyno data yet, but I'll update the thread once available.

"Just finishing up the last of a huge build we did that is being shipped over seas.

The entire driveline was shipped here to have us build it and complete a full BR160 package.

The wait time on the turbos ended up being longer than the customer wanted to wait so we decided to reach out to Chris at SBD to try his SBD1200 kit on this build. Our BR160 turbos are GT30 based and so are these. I figured with the better flowing manifolds and external gates, these should make more power.

The engine is our BR3.8 liter, BR spec 10.5:1 JE pistons, BR Stage 3 head, BR spec'd 272 cams, BR ported upper and lower intake manifold.

We are also supplying the trans, Race FMIC kit, Upper and lower i/c pipes, BR mid pipe, BR 3.5 SETT exhaust, Cobb AP V3, twin 485 fuel pumps, FIC2150 injectors, BR flex fuel kit, etc, etc.

We also used a set of the SBD fuel rails. These are very unique, they have the option of using full AN fittings on the inlet/outlet or the factory lines/regulator, the design is actually bad ass and innovative. Fitment was excellent and they require no spacer to fumble with to install them.

About this turbo kit. I've read all the hate about it, as far as options go for us and the customer in the price range he needed to be there was nothing else close. I decided to give it a shot.

The fitment was freaking awesome. The entire kit uses hard bent lines like the factory does, that's a huge plus in my book. Tial waste gates, downpipes are nice, all of it fit together just excellent. We had a few small things we ran into that Chris was unaware of, like the oil return lines. Easy fix for us and the changes are being implemented into the kits. The other thing I wasn't crazy about was the factory upper manifold shields and how they fit. I'd prefer to use the GTR turbofold blankets we use on many of our BR160 kits anyway, so we used those. They free up a lot of room for the intakes and keep the heat under control a LOT better than the stock steel shielding.

I also installed the AEM boost control solenoid that we offer as a plug and play package for better control of the waste gates.

We will be offering these kits from SBD with the AEM boost control solenoid and the turbo blankets. SBD1200 and SBD1400 kits. If you are interested or have questions just ask.

Enjoy the pictures.

I'll be remote tuning this car, hell I may actually go there since there a few guys needing my services, once it is done and installed in the car. I can't wait. I think this is going to make some crazy ass power!"

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
The kit looks great, Chris. When I finally get my turbos on, Ill definitely hit you up for some of those turbo blankets. Great job.

Joe

·
I Haul Ass
1,871 Posts
LOL, considering what PTP sells DSM - or even BMW and Porsche - turbo blankets for, their $595 price for a set of GTR ones looks pretty "taxed" to me.

·
481 Posts
LOL, considering what PTP sells DSM - or even BMW and Porsche - turbo blankets for, their $595 price for a set of GTR ones looks pretty "taxed" to me.
I've never seen the blankets for those other cars but I will say that these are bad ass and I feel worth every penny. They have bolt holes in the blankets with nice grommets to bolt them in place of or over the factory heat shields. Fitment on a set of stock turbo folds is truly incredible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.