Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've been looking for a used blue 2012 for about 6 months and couldn't find a decent deal. The best was one with 5k miles for 85k and someone beat me to the punch. Now, I'm thinking just buy a 2013 if I can find one for sticker. I will not pay over sticker for anything. I got one of the first Jeep Srt8's a few months back and paid invoice. I go through cars very quickly thats why I almost always buy a 1 year old so they already take the big hit. It seems that the GT-R never really takes a big hit unless you pay over sticker. What do you guys think? I really want a GT-R, but now I'm starting to stray and look at used 911 turbo's, sl63's, and gallardo's since they seem easier to find.

·
Registered
631 Posts
A lot of the 2012s will probably start popping up soon since some people are getting rid of them for the '13s and some people, like you, only like to keep the cars for 1-2 years. But if you're at the point you just want the car so bad, just get yourself a 2013 since they're more readily available than the 2012s.

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
I'd go for a '12 if I were you, simply because you have the intention of replacing it soon

I didn't wanna play games and went with a new '13 because I wanted white, and I wanted to keep it for a long time. I also didn't find any immaculate white '12's when I was looking, so I opted out for the '13

Either way, if you buy at a good price, you shouldn't take much of a hit, just shop around for the best deal, I got mine for a good price (few k's below MSRP), so keep shopping for the best possible deal

-AJ

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Where did you buy at MSRP? Most of the dealers with inventory are asking crazy $$$$ over sticker.
there are a few dealers around that will sell the car at a realistice price....I got my 2012 a year ago for $1,261 over invoice.....

·
Registered
196 Posts
^ yes but it's still quite early in the model year for discounts like this. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great would just like to know who. Come on spill the beans!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
^ yes but it's still quite early in the model year for discounts like this. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great would just like to know who. Come on spill the beans!
I was one of the first to get a 2012....it all depends on your dealer and the relationship you have with them.....it's something that built on over the years.....cold calling looking for a car will get you one at sticker....

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I found a 12 in the color I'm looking for. The car has 9,400 Miles on it. I feel like that's a lot for these cars. What do you guys think?
I have over 15K on mine so that's not high to me.....others will think it's high though.....what's the price?

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
^ you got a new 2013 a few grand under MSRP??
yes sir, and that is what made me jump on the deal

I have bought a few cars over the years from the same dealership, and the general manager helped me out a little on the price, but I placed my 2013 order early, and I can't wait to get my car

good luck to anyone looking for a '12 or '13, I hear dealers that have them are marking them up quite a bit, like the MSRP isn't high enough already :(

-AJ

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
not a lot at all... buy it now!

I found a 12 in the color I'm looking for. The car has 9,400 Miles on it. I feel like that's a lot for these cars. What do you guys think?

·
[ MotorMotives ]
541 Posts
Always start 2k or more below your asking price

I'd offer $83k and go up to a max of $85k, but be ready to pick the car up on the spot

Good luck with your pickup

-AJ

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
white one? looks like they paid: $91,750....

I just checked out the carfax. This dealer bought this car at an auction in the "eastern region" on 2/20/12

Any way of finding out much the dealer has in the car?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was right there when the dealer bought that gtr for $91750 plus about $700 for auction fee at Manheim NJ.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.