Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am buying a 2007 GTR and would like to know any tips as I heard that they were glitches in the earlier models......also during inspection what should I get checked.....

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Are you talking about the JDM one on eBay?

If so there are a entire list of problems, I'm too lazy to type out. Just look at the previous threads about JDM cars in the US.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am new to this since switching from a evo to a GTR.... And in this part of th world we do not have much technical support plus cars like a 2007 GTR costs around $110,000 for a used one so I would really appreciate if you could let me know the problems with 07 GTR....or a link would do....
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
3,445 Posts
Early build models had minor issues with the transmission solenoids etc but I would not say there were electrical glitches. My JDM was built Feb 08 and I have had zero issues (knock wood)

Let's put it this way, there is nothing that can't be fixed relatively simply by one of the vendors on here.

110,000 for a used GTR (jdm or not) is crazy!!!!!! though.

I wouldn't advice buying RHD in the US though. RHD GTR parts are more expensive than LHD. The rhd steering rack costs 5000!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So besides the tranny is there any other problem with the GTR?????
Also is there any difference between a Japanese spec GTR and an American spec GTR with regard to tranny problems????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.