Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· R32 Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure most of these questions have been answered, but im a noob to this page/gtr forums in general.

Ive decided I want to buy a 2009 gtr. Why?.. Because im guessing it might be in my price range.

The ones i found are overpriced i "think" ranging from 60k+ With 10k+ miles.

I have my eyes set on a black one, ive found a few with miles between 10-50k. Obviously go for lower miles, but if thats not the case.. What should i look for?.. Transmission issues etc etc?

I set my budget to around $1,500 Tops Monthly. Havent decided on 7k car trade in Or 0 down if I can.

Anyone else here pretty much go 0 down on a 60k gtr? & What would be an "estimated" monthly cost?

Insurance- I have a Decent driving record, 2 speeding tickets in the past 4 years. 1 accident that they wanted to Total but fixed for 12k. Im sure they hate me lol.

I currently own a 05 g35, tastefully modded and get compliments all the time. My trade in value wouldnt equal shit with my miles though/the cars have devalued so much. So im guessing there would be no point to trade a 7k car in (if im lucky) for a car ive spent over 24k on total.

Thanks for any advice, yes these are noob questions etc, i know. Im looking to buy in the next few months and starting research now.

· Alberta Oil & Gas
5,799 Posts

· Alberta Oil & Gas
5,799 Posts
I bought my 12' with 24k for 74500 in 2013 put 12k down but bought extended warranty so really only 7k down with 1.9% and pay 942 a month. Love the car.

Sent from my 831C using GT-R Life mobile app
There's some numbers to start you off with as I'm not familiar with interest rates in the U.S.

· R32 Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply Beerad! Yea thats prity much what will end up happening, & seems reasonable. So if you did that with a 74k gtr (reasonable pricing), 60k gtr payments should be even better with ballpark $ down.

Im also wondering about insurance cost, i know it verys person to person/records. I plan on calling my insurance tomorrow. But any ball park #s on this as well for 09 60k gtr?

Im glad a lot of you guys are living your dreams, enjoy it! Ive wanted a r33 for over 10 years now.. but not legal yet, and r32 isnt worth the hassle to me. So I hope to join you guys and finally get r35 in the next 6-10 months.

Thanks for any info/advice you guys are willing to share for a noob on a 09.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.