Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am a 17 year old guy from Mcallen, Texas but before you start saying I'm way too young and irresponsible or that is just to much power to handle! hear me out. I work as a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) With a 2500 dollar salary after taxes i only have 4 months working. I am an above average student, Junior in high school taking my basics at my local college. Hopefully making the move to Baylor University By 2015 to major in biology. I do not have bills besides my phone bill which is 50 dollars monthly and i really don't go out a lot maybe once a week. i know the GT-R retails for over 100+K but I am looking for a 2009-2010 model it would be under my dads name so insurance should be that harsh, A 2014 GT-R Premium Total MSRP is 100,590 with monthly payments of 1,961 over 60 months with 6.9 APR So i would be around 22-23 years when i finish paying it off.So What would it be like for a 2009-2010 models? i am like i stated before very responsible have a small amount of friends my parents are ok with me getting the car, cause again I'm working really hard for it. there is a local drag strip and i would would perhaps go every other weekend and i come from a racing family so i can drive pretty well i currently own a Subaru WRX. Ive been to many car shows and GT-R always stands out for me and its my dream car! but Will I be available to afford the payments and maintenance costs? or should i just settle for a 2013 370Z Nismo (45K) Or A 2012 Porsche Boxster(52K) i Am Really serious about this so please do not say that I'm just kid with a wild dream because I'm not that is why i do really good in my classes and i work extra hard and i feel like i deserve a nice car like this beauty thanks beforehand
and of course this would be a daily driver its a 10 minute drive from my house to my high school and about 25 to the my college and a 15 minute drive to my job.
P.S My Family Is Not Rich But We Are Financially Stable If thats a factor

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hello I am a 17 year old guy from Mcallen, Texas but before you start saying I'm way too young and irresponsible or that is just to much power to handle! hear me out.
Stopped reading here..... The troll is strong with this one

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts
Very responsible, but yet can't do simple math for yourself?
Financial planning, unfortunately, doesn't come until the first or second year of college.

I saved a good amount of money at your age living at home. Bought a used G35 and had a low payment. My friend got pushed into buying a new Z at that time paying $1k a month. That friend just moved out into an apartment recently (9 years later) and now drives a Sentra.

Even a $60k loan is going to run you $1300 a month for a used one. Get your life on track and get a used Z until you get close to finishing college and build a stable career.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Honestly, save your money kid. You seem like you have a good head on your shoulder. You certainly don't want to be burden with such a big loan especially at your age. It's only going to limit you. Do you want to be that guy that couldn't go out or enjoy his college years (i.e. Spring Break, Happy Hours, etc.) because he was too busy working to pay off his car? Additionally, the maintenance cost can be very expensive.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I too smell trololololol. Js lol.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Don't you have to know proper writing skills to get out of High School?

Sent from my SM-N900V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hello I am a 17 year old guy from ...
I remember when the internet was a place of anonymity where no one cared what you looked like, how old you are, or what you did for a living... you just came to the internet to find information and discuss topics of similar interests.

Why do young people feel the need to tell everyone their age when it comes to posting on the internet?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I remember when the internet was a place of anonymity where no one cared what you looked like, how old you are, or what you did for a living... you just came to the internet to find information and discuss topics of similar interests.

Why do young people feel the need to tell everyone their age when it comes to posting on the internet?
Because this isn't real....

·
Registered
331 Posts
In that case, why are people making fake posts, and why isn't it being deleted immediately by forum administrators?

Stupid posts like this is starting to keep me from wanting to waste my time at all on GTRLife.
Completely this... Its surreal how f'ing idiotic posts like this are. It has to be some sort of cry for help. Any *actual* college students that are out there reading this, and majoring in psychology, here's your masters thesis right here! How a crazed consumer driven society creates this particular psychosis!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
The only way to prevent these posts is to ignore them

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Don't you have to know proper writing skills to get out of High School?

Sad to say but a close friend is a teacher and she was grading some essays. I read one and really thought a 3rd-4th grader wrote the essay because it was littered with mispelling and a bunch of LOLs etc. I found out that they were high school freshman essays. Our country is seriously f(*ked. I couldnt believe how horrible some of these kids wrote (or attempted to). Granted this was an innercity school. Its amazing how/where you live will dictate how well you will do in the future. The dichotomy between the haves and have nots is amazing.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Sad to say but a close friend is a teacher and she was grading some essays. I read one and really thought a 3rd-4th grader wrote the essay because it was littered with mispelling and a bunch of LOLs etc. I found out that they were high school freshman essays. Our country is seriously f(*ked. I couldnt believe how horrible some of these kids wrote (or attempted to). Granted this was an innercity school. Its amazing how/where you live will dictate how well you will do in the future. The dichotomy between the haves and have nots is amazing.
I blame parents also, some don't even push for good grades and they don't even bother to assist.

Pikes Peak R35

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.