Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-is-reason-nissan-skyline-is.html

Its heard all the time on the internet, the Nissan Skyline is illegal in the USA. To the layperson, they may hear this and take it as gospel. It used to be you would hear its illegal because it is right hand drive. You would hear that it is illegal because it was too fast. Neither of which is true. Here is the true reason that the Nissan Skyline is illegal in the US, Mercedes Benz North America.
http://vehicleimport.blogspot.com/2011/11/is-my-imported-car-legal.html

Now here is the problem, you have an owner, a seller trying to sell a car, and they are claiming it is a legal car, but no proof. So what kind of proof? What kind of paperwork are you looking for on a legally imported car?

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
every other 2 months, someone will pop up this question. i wish i can go japan pick up a R34 and ship it here without all the drama
I have been dealing with it nearly every day for the last 14 years. As far as the drama, all the information on why its a drama, is in the first link that I posted.

It would be possible to change the laws, but you have to have a lot of powerful friends, in powerful places.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sean, didn't Motorex put through 6-12 R34 GTR? Though the title for them will say 1995 hehe.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice, I thought because Motorex only crash tested the R33 GT-R, specifically the 1995 right, that all the Motorex R32-R34 GT-R had 1995 on the title. I was wondering that because I had 3 Motorex R33 GT-R: a 95', 96', & 97'. But both the 96' & 97' were titled as a 95'.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the 96' Vspec I had was your old ride. With the Full HKS catalog of parts in it including the Tokyo Service Strut Bar, Ohlins Coilovers, Nismo LM-GT1 Wheels, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.