Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salam Shabab!

I'm Ramee, a Bahraini living in Dubai and I've been in the market to buy a used GTR now for around 2 weeks and it's getting frustrating. It's hard to be disappointed when you're looking at any R35 but I just need some of you guys' opinions on the options I'm considering, and whether or not their asking prices are too much.

I've narrowed it down to 3 that I have seen so far:

1) 2010 Premium, Gun Metallic, GCC specs, 9,000kms - 350,000dhs
2) 2009, Silver, GCC specs, 1,000kms - 310,000dhs
3) 2009, Silver, US specs, 23,000miles, P600 Switzer kit installed by Panda Performance - 290,000dhs

The prices are what they're asking for before I start bargaining with them, but I wanted to know what your opinions of them are, and what you reckon is the better option. To me, they all look fantastic, they're all clean and well maintained so it's a very hard choice. I haven't looked at importing from the US yet because I prefer to find one locally.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on where to look to for a used one please go ahead and enlighten me! I've looked at Masood, Rostamani and a lot of used car dealers in Al Aweer and so on.

Hope to hear from you guys soon, thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi

Try dubizzel .

Also check the vin numbers with nissan they can give you the history . a few cars have iccorect kms as well because the info cluster have been changed wich can Zero the kms.
check with panda on the condition of the car . i would go for that one if all cks out .

Thanks

Steven

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Hi

Try dubizzel .

Also check the vin numbers with nissan they can give you the history . a few cars have iccorect kms as well because the info cluster have been changed wich can Zero the kms.
check with panda on the condition of the car . i would go for that one if all cks out .

Thanks

Steven
If you have the time, I would also ask that you get them to check their blackbox for any "modded" or "tuned" cars. You want to be careful that none of the used cars were tuned beyond their means, for example, it would be easy for me to mod/tune my car past 600+ torque and with me abusing the car, I can have bent rods in no-time! It is definitely worth it for the dealership to check into that stuff for you - I would use that to make the final decision.

·
4,747 Posts
Contact Panda before buying the Modded GTR or contact the few UAE members here for there help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

I've checked dubizzle and autotrader and these were just the best of the lot that I've seen/driven. I have both the 2010 Premium and the 2009 P600 installed GTRs with Rostamani already so I should hear back from them tonight about check-up results.

What do you guys feel about the prices though? Are they too high or sound about right for them? I'd think that the GCC specs GTRs would cost more than the US specs but I don't feel that there's too much of a difference between them except for some options.

·
4,747 Posts
Over here as you there is an exorbitant markup at the dealers.

Really frustrating, plus the attitude is so fucking annoying.

I almost punched the daylights out of the Mercedes salesman.

Stupid prick, fucking salesmans (no offence).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I was actually about to put an order down for a Premium 2012 GTR. I went back to Nissan with my deposit cheque all ready where the price for it was 440,000 Dhs and he just told me there and then that the price has gone up to by another 60,000 Dhs or so, and wanted a larger deposit for it. So I was pretty annoyed by that fact which is why I'm now looking for a used one! Paying $135,000+ for the 2012 when I see the price difference in the US just makes me cry sometimes.

·
R35 Addict
204 Posts
hey ramee,

have you thought of importing one from the states?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've thought about it but I don't know where to look or how to get a hold of a trusted dealer in the US to check the car before I pay for it and ship it, since I won't be able to go there personally and visit the car.

I'm still looking for one locally, still no luck so if any of you come across one for sale shout!

·
R35 Member
668 Posts
A friend of mine has one for sale here in Kuwait, if you are interested, send me your contact details and I will forward them to him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts