Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Black BE with FBO
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! Finally get to say I’m glad to be an owner of a R35 soon. Found a 2015 Black BE with 38k miles. The car has a long list of FBO with upgraded Rampage Spec 1200 kit turbos and is said to make 835hp and 684 torque. Being on stock motor and tranny, is there anything I should worry about?
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,977 Posts
Welcome to GTRLife and congrats… when you get the keys, post up some pics of your new beast!

In regards to your inquiry. Some may say, that at those numbers, your at the tipping point on a stock engine and trans. For me personally, that torque is a tad high…

·
Registered
2015 Black BE with FBO
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to GTRLife and congrats… when you get the keys, post up some pics of your new beast!

In regards to your inquiry. Some may say, that at those numbers, your at the tipping point on a stock engine and trans. For me personally, that torque is a tad high…
Thanks. That’s the next upgrades.

·
Registered
10,126 Posts
In all fairness all dynos read different and for all we know those are actually low for a stock engine/trans setup. Only your tuner knows for sure. If you have questions get it on a reputable shops dyno and have it returned. Your rods will thank you for it in the long run.

Also biggest thing for stock engine - this should be made into a sticky on this not to do btw, don’t load up the engine in a high gear and rip it - ie manual in 5th getting on highway and mash the gas - that’s the quickest way to bend a rod. Downshift it first - then mash it and have fun.

With a solid tune keeping tq low or you not loading it up in high tq power curve - your car should last a long time. I’ve seen 40K+ mile alpha 9s from way back when before there was tuner programmable features like safety cuts, botl, advanced traction control, etc.

It’s a great time to be in a GTR these days.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Welcome!
And it would be great if you also got with the car purchase, the programming device with tuning MAPS on it for your car.
Also, depending upon your situation, some knowledge of what you can expect from your car as to its passing emissions testing.

Alexd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts