Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As I said during my newbie presentation post, I started my seek for my future GT-R purchase. My heart beats more for a deep blue or pearl white, but I'm open to other color if I can't find the gem.

I got a lot of information on this forum, but I have some questions about acronyms used and some concept I'm not familiar with:

- what is CBA vs DBA ? (I know DBA is a brake disk brand, but related to the GT-R I dont know)
- FBO: Full Bolt On. I found the reference to the SBD kits, but is there any other ones available and what is exactly a "FBO" mod ?
- what is the max hp/torque to target to have a 100% reliability with stock internals and FBO ?
- for occasional track use, is there other mod to do to not compromise the reliability ? oil cooler ? transmission upgrade ? breaks upgrades ? clutch ?

Thanks for your help and hope to be soon a new GT-R Owner

·
Registered
469 Posts
although all this can be easily found in a google search I'll hit on a few for you

CBA vs DBA is just in refrence to model years

CBA-2009-2011 (us)
DBA2012-Current (us)

FBO is as you said full bolt on, IE Down pipes, mid pipe, exhaust, intakes some people also add pump and injectors

in general 600Tq is considered the limit

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot.

I forgo to mention that I live in CA, is a FBO mods are CARB legal or not ?
concerning the model of the GTR, I was considering a DBA for more reliability. CBA are cheaper but with a lot more TSB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts