Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

After owning a GT-R for 4 months with a lot of troubles and services, it's time to say goodbye to my lovely GT-R.

For 4 months, I was only able to drive it for a couple of weeks and the rest was the services and trying to figure out the issues and problems which are so annoying.

But I have learned a valuable lesson ( if you can not afford to buy a brand new or almost new GT-R, Do not get into these troubles and it does not worth it at all )

The car is sexy as hell and so fun, especially when people stare at you like you are driving a 300k Lambo but does it worth spending thousands and thousands of dollars on something that you are never feeling comfortable driving? ( No )

I am always like please don't break down and driving with that fear takes away all the enjoyment.

So my car is still in service right now and will be done tomorrow, directly to the showroom and I will only be watching youtube videos of GTR from there :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Most GT-R's have been modified to some degree. You really need to do your due diligence before buying one, there are some good one's out there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gearbox failures and mostly electronic. First changed valve body , than clips installed and solenoid replaced and now P0882
All you had to do was get a standard rebuild from shep for like 5k installed. If you can’t afford 10k worth of repairs then you didn’t need to purchase it in the first place. You don’t need to buy new you just need to be able to financially be capable to maintain a 100k car. The cars are very strong and reliable, but like one member said do your due diligence. When I was looking for my GTR I looked for a car that had the least amount of mods. So I can do the upgrades myself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All you had to do was get a standard rebuild from shep for like 5k installed. If you can’t afford 10k worth of repairs then you didn’t need to purchase it in the first place. You don’t need to buy new you just need to be able to financially be capable to maintain a 100k car. The cars are very strong and reliable, but like one member said do your due diligence. When I was looking for my GTR I looked for a car that had the least amount of mods. So I can do the upgrades myself.
If only there was a repair shop here I would happily spend 10k even now . Unfortunately we dont have such repair shops here . Last time for valve body i had to wait like 4 week to arrive from uk

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Sharing the experience is important. I have a friend who also sold his CBA after a short time and same experience with his stock transmission then the subsequent Jack's unit. At that point he elected to move on and didn't want to deal with the issues as he shares the same view of the car as @MMmet92. I can also say that he hasn't found another car without other issues or a platform as fulfilling as the GTR either so the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Reactions: Slimshady201

·
Registered
2015 Black Edition
20 Posts
+1 yeup, I looked around till I found one that was 1 owner, hardly no mods. Just exhaust, intakes and down pipes with cobb tune. no flex fuel tune. Then got Flex fuel kit, some other stuff and ecutek tune.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think this might have something to do with your experience - “The owner told me that they have replaced the gearbox 2 months ago for 10K$ due to a wrong tuning and pushing the limits.”

Your experience is probably more a result of what the previous owner did and not necessarily the gtr platform 🤷

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
@MMmet92. Yeah countries with a small number of GTR`s are always going to make life difficult as far as service and parts are concerned the choice is limited, to say the least.
I hope you have better luck with your next purchase.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think this might have something to do with your experience - “The owner told me that they have replaced the gearbox 2 months ago for 10K$ due to a wrong tuning and pushing the limits.”

Your experience is probably more a result of what the previous owner did and not necessarily the gtr platform 🤷
bro , i have drive srt , f10 m5 and audi rs6 previously and i dont say that they were perfect and cheap to fix . But sometimes i feel like it’s impossible to findout the real issue in gtr .All other vehicles are much easier to inspect and find the problem .

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Well, I have an 09 with ZERO ISSUES EVER....................If you have paid for a PPI from an independent shop , much of our pain would never happened.... With a GTR, they are easily modded and you bought a beat up one..............

1 - 20 of 60 Posts