Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well, I have an 09 with ZERO ISSUES EVER....................If you have paid for a PPI from an independent shop , much of our pain would never happened.... With a GTR, they are easily modded and you bought a beat up one..............
Hope you never face one either bro

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Jeez.....tough crowd....."how dare you slander the holy GT-R!!!".....lol.....I wonder why this forum is so dead, I mean, not like it's a contentious group or anything........
Maybe you're not wrong but it's not just this forum nor is it GT-R specific. If you go to other forums providing feedback that might be interpreted as slander, you'll get the same reaction. Ask me how I know. :D

And forums in general aren't what they used to be traffic wise especially with a limited production platform like the GTR.

Reactions: gtrbillet

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,321 Posts
The GTR is a very reliable Japanese made car. It was stock, both of them and they were great cars. Very super reliable.

Depending on the mods and tuner, it can be a potential nightmare.
Goodluck, not knowing your financial situation or buying power, cannot suggest what is the next level.

For me, the 991 TTS was the perfect upgrade.
Next is the 812 Superfast.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
You get what you pay for!
Don't cheap out GTRs!
I know people like you where i live who get nothing but rubbish GTRs for cheap money then they end up crying and trashing em lol .. at least you admitted u were wrong!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I wish you good luck on your next car. Based on your experience, it sounds like a completely stock car would your best bet. That way is something goes wrong you can take it to a dealership to fix. Being in a country that has limited repair options has got to be very difficult.

·
Super Moderator
3,449 Posts
Hello Everyone,

After owning a GT-R for 4 months with a lot of troubles and services, it's time to say goodbye to my lovely GT-R.

For 4 months, I was only able to drive it for a couple of weeks and the rest was the services and trying to figure out the issues and problems which are so annoying.

But I have learned a valuable lesson ( if you can not afford to buy a brand new or almost new GT-R, Do not get into these troubles and it does not worth it at all )

The car is sexy as hell and so fun, especially when people stare at you like you are driving a 300k Lambo but does it worth spending thousands and thousands of dollars on something that you are never feeling comfortable driving? ( No )

I am always like please don't break down and driving with that fear takes away all the enjoyment.

So my car is still in service right now and will be done tomorrow, directly to the showroom and I will only be watching youtube videos of GTR from there :D
What model year was it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You get what you pay for!
Don't cheap out GTRs!
I know people like you where i live who get nothing but rubbish GTRs for cheap money then they end up crying and trashing em lol .. at least you admitted u were wrong!
why crying? When you dont even know my financial situation? There are only 3 GTR s in Iraq and i own one of them

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
it wasnt a rebuilt technically, it was replaced completely with a used trans . Thats what the previous owner said . But of course i am not blaming the car for this , most probably bad quality labor
I mean the clips, solenoid, and valve body aren`t massive problems. Have you had email contact with any of the big shops around the globe regarding your trans problems and
asked for advice?
I have a ca 650km round trip to a good repair shop and the only time I had a problem we (the repair shop and I) managed to solve it via email.

·
Registered
342 Posts
bro , i have drive srt , f10 m5 and audi rs6 previously and i dont say that they were perfect and cheap to fix . But sometimes i feel like it’s impossible to findout the real issue in gtr .All other vehicles are much easier to inspect and find the problem .
Disagree with any German car being easier for anything except screwing it up even more when trying to fix it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I mean the clips, solenoid, and valve body aren`t massive problems. Have you had email contact with any of the big shops around the globe regarding your trans problems and
asked for advice?
I have a ca 6500km round trip to a good repair shop and the only time I had a problem we (the repair shop and I) managed to solve it via email.
i have tried to call litchfield and 2 other service 1 in uk and 1 in usa . But unfortunately they were not bothered to help or even give me a hint to find out issues . The problems i am facing are not big and in some countries they may even take it seriously . Let me give an example, 3 weeks ago i was driving my car normally when suddenly there was a kind of bad road which shake my car alot . Right after that the TM malfunction, check engine and clutch temp so high errors appeared . The car was not moving at all and the selector on dash was blinking, so i towed the car to a service and they didn’t find a sh.. about the problem for 3 weeks . I was getting P0882 code until i saw a thread here which one of the very lovely and helpful guy had same issue in 2016 . So I texted him and he told me there are some relays in the trunk which may cause the problem ( check the pics for code and relays ) . I went to service in person and removed all the cover and found the relays in the pic . I disconnected them and tighten them up . Previously when ignition was on ( engine off ) and you tried to move the selector on D And than to manual , the dash was not showing anything but blank . After i did the process, it went in to manual and showed up again in dash . So they have installed the oil pan again with some silicone to prevent leaking and we are waiting 24 to 36 hours to cure so we can add oil and give it a try .

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Unfortunately it is what it is , German cars has much more detailed ECU system and those cars can exactly direct you to the failed part with the right tool
As a sales person working in a BMW dealership for the passed 4 years I am gonna say you are wrong lol.

The issue you have with your car is not because of the build quality of the R35 but how the previous owner took care of the car when it was under his possession.
And lack of technical support in your area.
There are owners with over 100,000 miles on their vehicles and all they did were just proper maintenance.

·
Registered
351 Posts
well i can understand him a bit. Iraq is surely not the best county for a supercar. poor road conditions, extreme temps and dusty, fuel quality? dunno but maybe they don’t have 100 octane.

of course, no reason to the blame the car. if u own a gtr in such a country you must be willing to ship the trans to usa or uk.

german car? forget it bro. here in switzerland are 90% german cars. what u what to compare here, m3 with VW up? R8 with opel manta? senseless

100‘000 km and the fun starts with german cars.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts