Nissan GT-R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
well i can understand him a bit. Iraq is surely not the best county for a supercar. poor road conditions, extreme temps and dusty, fuel quality? dunno but maybe they don’t have 100 octane.

of course, no reason to the blame the car. if u own a gtr in such a country you must be willing to ship the trans to usa or uk.

german car? forget it bro. here in switzerland are 90% german cars. what u what to compare here, m3 with VW up? R8 with opel manta? senseless

100‘000 km and the fun starts with german cars.
Yup , but i am talking about my experiences and i am not an expert or in a position to compare any brands . Everything you mentioned about iraq is completely accurate. Fuel is disgusting lower than 95 octane but i am using different additives like marvel mystery oil etc for better quality. Also shipping those parts from Iraq to Europe or usa costs a fortune . 22$ per KG and its the last thing you wanna do to ship a trans over 200kgs to for such repair.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
First off, sorry you’ve had such a horrible experience with your GT-R. Although it is possible for your trans to be a lemon (certainly an anomaly), it’s more likely previous owner abused it and then passed these issues onto you. Did you buy it directly from the previous owner or from a car dealer? In any case, I understand your desire to move on, but you’ll probably take a hit on value or be passing this off to someone else in the same manner you got it (not a good move). Sending it to Shep trans in the US for examination and repair would be the best thing to do - spend the money to have it done right and be able to finally enjoy the car. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
First off, sorry you’ve had such a horrible experience with your GT-R. Although it is possible for your trans to be a lemon (certainly an anomaly), it’s more likely previous owner abused it and then passed these issues onto you. Did you buy it directly from the previous owner or from a car dealer? In any case, I understand your desire to move on, but you’ll probably take a hit on value or be passing this off to someone else in the same manner you got it (not a good move). Sending it to Shep trans in the US for examination and repair would be the best thing to do - spend the money to have it done right and be able to finally enjoy the car. Just my opinion.
only the shipping to US and back will cost me around 10k except sheps trans :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Okay, so a clutch relearn is maybe all you need? That`s not much of a problem either if it solves your issues.
I think you`re giving in a bit too early.
Purchase the EcuTek bluetooth interface and give it a go it`s roughly about $300.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Okay, so a clutch relearn is maybe all you need? That`s not much of a problem either if it solves your issues.
I think you`re giving in a bit too early.
Purchase the EcuTek bluetooth interface and give it a go it`s roughly about $300.
Are you sure? Because last time I checked tcm and ecu model it costs around 1200$with licenses and + if you need tuning from a tuner

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
You are correct, $1200 for a tune+licences but if you only want to do a clutch relearn download the app and purchase a Bluetooth interface.
If you`re not satisfied with the result after a relearn you can always sell the interface again and get your money back.

·
Registered
351 Posts
bro in such a country i would go with an old classic us muscle car. challenger with big bock. not much electronics and everywhere to fix

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
It`s just to keep your fingers crossed now that everything works out well.

A couple of points if you`re gonna keep the car (which I recommend) are, to get that bluetooth interface and do a periodical relearn.

Secondly, why did you use RTV on the oil pan instead of a new gasket? Even though you have two filters in the trans you do not want silicone sealant in there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
It`s just to keep your fingers crossed now that everything works out well.

A couple of points if you`re gonna keep the car (which I recommend) are, to get that bluetooth interface and do a periodical relearn.

Secondly, why did you use RTV on the oil pan instead of a new gasket? Even though you have two filters in the trans you do not want silicone sealant in there.
I have installed a gasket previously but it leaked because the edges of oil pan is not in good shape so we needed silicone sealant to prevent it from leaking . I dont know but i almost forgot about what happened and enjoyed driving it again 😂 Most probably if i keep it , i will buy ecutek and get it tuned by litchfield stage 1 610 hp with some cool back fires after installing downpipes

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Sorry to hear this. It’s a special car and rightfully has a cult like following.

Maybe someday you’ll be back, never say never.

Enjoy the YouTube videos for now - I’ve got quite a few cruising with other cars as well.

Best of luck with your next platform

41 - 60 of 60 Posts