Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Bye Bye GT-R and never ever again !

7K views 59 replies 23 participants last post by  droptopp 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

After owning a GT-R for 4 months with a lot of troubles and services, it's time to say goodbye to my lovely GT-R.

For 4 months, I was only able to drive it for a couple of weeks and the rest was the services and trying to figure out the issues and problems which are so annoying.

But I have learned a valuable lesson ( if you can not afford to buy a brand new or almost new GT-R, Do not get into these troubles and it does not worth it at all )

The car is sexy as hell and so fun, especially when people stare at you like you are driving a 300k Lambo but does it worth spending thousands and thousands of dollars on something that you are never feeling comfortable driving? ( No )

I am always like please don't break down and driving with that fear takes away all the enjoyment.

So my car is still in service right now and will be done tomorrow, directly to the showroom and I will only be watching youtube videos of GTR from there :D

See less See more
#58 ·
It`s just to keep your fingers crossed now that everything works out well.

A couple of points if you`re gonna keep the car (which I recommend) are, to get that bluetooth interface and do a periodical relearn.

Secondly, why did you use RTV on the oil pan instead of a new gasket? Even though you have two filters in the trans you do not want silicone sealant in there.

#59 ·
It`s just to keep your fingers crossed now that everything works out well.

A couple of points if you`re gonna keep the car (which I recommend) are, to get that bluetooth interface and do a periodical relearn.

Secondly, why did you use RTV on the oil pan instead of a new gasket? Even though you have two filters in the trans you do not want silicone sealant in there.
I have installed a gasket previously but it leaked because the edges of oil pan is not in good shape so we needed silicone sealant to prevent it from leaking . I dont know but i almost forgot about what happened and enjoyed driving it again 😂 Most probably if i keep it , i will buy ecutek and get it tuned by litchfield stage 1 610 hp with some cool back fires after installing downpipes

#60 ·
Sorry to hear this. It’s a special car and rightfully has a cult like following.

Maybe someday you’ll be back, never say never.

Enjoy the YouTube videos for now - I’ve got quite a few cruising with other cars as well.

Best of luck with your next platform

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.