Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
HOpefully he is not pulling my leg but supposedly the Aug issue of C&D compares Viper ACR, Z06, and GT2 against GTR. They supposedly ranked GTR above all of them. What is suprising is that GTR had the slowest times 0-60 was 4.1 and 1/4 was 12.6 - did the lanunch control fail again?? ACR had the fastest at 3.6/11.8, GT2 at 3.7/11.8, and Z06 at 3.8/11.9. Again, don't quote me on this as I have yet to see the mag.

SO based on C&D's highly intelligent logic, M3 beats out GTR, GT2, 911TT, Viper ACR and Z06. This is why I am getting the M3 - LOL

Admin edit

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I must be the last person in NA to get their subscriptions.

Did they have any track times?
Chuck - you and me both. I prob won't get mine until August when October issues are hitting the mailbox...

·
Registered
27 Posts
What's going on with these GTR reviews? That's the third review I've read where it posted mid 12's. I'm begining to think that it is the norm and not the exception. At 480 hp & 3900 lbs mid 12's sounds about right. Any chance Nissan had some ringers floating around?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Track times from Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Configuration No. 13, 2.7 miles.

Lap Times

Z06 2:01.7 @79.9 MPH
Viper ACR 1:55.7 @84.0 MPH
GTR 2:01.1 @80.3 MPH
GT2 1:59.7 @81.2 MPH

This particular GTR was a dog runnin 4.1 to 60 and runnin the 1/4 in [email protected]

·
Registered
40 Posts
What's going on with these GTR reviews? That's the third review I've read where it posted mid 12's. I'm begining to think that it is the norm and not the exception. At 480 hp & 3900 lbs mid 12's sounds about right. Any chance Nissan had some ringers floating around?
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=124017

Although this is a Japanese spec gtr, this was the quote of times without launch control.

"Leave the launch control off and the tranny in R mode, and the car is still sick quick. Sixty mph arrives in 4.0 seconds and the quarter-mile disappears in 12.3 seconds at 120.6 mph. All our testing was completed using manual shifting."

Obviously done with no launch control, and possible in automatic.

M-

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
...sounds like no launch control to me.

question...

If you were to spend a night at the drag strip, would you use the launch control every run?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Car and Driver had no idea why this car was so slow. They said that is was the slowest GTR they tested. The other times are.

Z06 : 0-60 3.8, 1/4 11.9 @124
Viper : 0-60 3.4, 1/4 11.8 @126
GT2 : 0-60 3.7, 1/4 11.8 @121

But they felt like the GTR was the best balance car at the track, and the loved the GTR brakes.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Car and Driver had no idea why this car was so slow. They said that is was the slowest GTR they tested. The other times are.

Z06 : 0-60 3.8, 1/4 11.9 @124
Viper : 0-60 3.4, 1/4 11.8 @126
GT2 : 0-60 3.7, 1/4 11.8 @121

But they felt like the GTR was the best balance car at the track, and the loved the GTR brakes.
Other cars traps are a little lower then the norm....not quite to the extent as the GTRs though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
VH I'm not sure about that, they tested a few GTR before so they no how to lunch it. They think this particular GTR was just a woofer as they put it. But still with that it won with 203 pts, to the 198k GT2 194pts. Viper ACR 185 pts and the last place z06 177 pts.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Track times from Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Configuration No. 13, 2.7 miles.

Lap Times

Z06 2:01.7 @79.9 MPH
Viper ACR 1:55.7 @84.0 MPH
GTR 2:01.1 @80.3 MPH
GT2 1:59.7 @81.2 MPH

This particular GTR was a dog runnin 4.1 to 60 and runnin the 1/4 in [email protected]
What's up with the lap times? lol In this comparison the GT-R is nearly 5 seconds off of its pace compared to the R&T track shootout at Buttonwillow on the same configuration, where the GT-R ran a 1:56:xx and the Z06 and Turbo were in the 2:02.xx range. Something seems a little fishy...maybe Heavychevy is correct after all. Unless they just got a factory fluke. Seems like we've been seeing way too many variations in times for the GT-R. Makes me wonder....

On another note, boy is the ACR quick! That might have to be my next potential purchase.

·
Registered
527 Posts
HOpefully he is not pulling my leg but supposedly the Aug issue of C&D compares Viper ACR, Z06, and GT2 against GTR. They supposedly ranked GTR above all of them. What is suprising is that GTR had the slowest times 0-60 was 4.1 and 1/4 was 12.6 - did the lanunch control fail again?? ACR had the fastest at 3.6/11.8, GT2 at 3.7/11.8, and Z06 at 3.8/11.9. Again, don't quote me on this as I have yet to see the mag.

SO based on C&D's highly intelligent logic, M3 beats out GTR, GT2, 911TT, Viper ACR and Z06. This is why I am getting the M3 - LOL
0-60 is for Stoplight Heros, nothing relevant there, and I'm not surprised at the rank order.

C&D is trying to make intellectual comparisons (and sell mags,obviously) and create controversy. That the GT-R could be ranked above them doesn't surprise me either. Just depends upon criteria.

For example;

1) we know the GT-R has better back seats

2) more trunk room

3) more cup holders

4) better dashboard

See?

Oh,the lap time thingy? Guys, the ACR is AWESOME ( and I hate that word). Further, I saw it at the Chicago Auto Show. Just on looks gave it Best in Show. Nolo Contendere.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
i love the ACR! anywys, the road and track was driven by a pro driver - millens right?
that would explain the faster lap in the nissan. im not sure why the vette got a faster lap in compairo. probably the driver likes to drive vettes?

i see c&d like to be fishy for some reason.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i love the ACR! anywys, the road and track was driven by a pro driver - millens right?
that would explain the faster lap in the nissan. im not sure why the vette got a faster lap in compairo. probably the driver likes to drive vettes?

i see c&d like to be fishy for some reason.
That wouldn't explain anything, as Steve Millen is a highly skilled rally racer who has no problem pushing just about any car to its limit. The Vette was SLIGHTLY slower in the R&T comparo, but it's justifiable through such things as track conditions and minute variances from one car to another (break in, miles on tires,etc.) From all that we know, we can assume that the GT-R is the easiest car to drive of the bunch, which makes your argument add up to a hill of beans. Since C&D achieved a better time with their Z06 in this review this shows that they were using GOOD drivers. It's telling me that either something was fishy with the GT-R that was used for the R&T review, or something is wrong with the car that was in the C&D review. There's definately SOMETHING up as there is a almost 5 second disparity between the result of C&D and R&T, for what AFAWK is the same car, and drivers of the almost the same skill (judging by the Z06 times in both rags, and considering that it is much hard to drive than the GT-R).

A agree with your last statement, which basically contradicts everything else you just said a sentence before though...

1 - 20 of 229 Posts