Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow... with just a tune it kept up pretty good with a stock '14.
Hmmm, i question what gear was the GT-R was in

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
a stock DBA gtr from a roll will ever so slowly get walked by a stock Z06 with good and fast shifting skills in the Z06. The C7 with a tune is supposed to have a very similar power curve to the Z06 so the vid is about right.

·
If you read this your an Idiot
1,158 Posts
Look at all these people in denial waaa waaa waaa. It is what it is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
When 2013 GT-R was stock the midrange on the car was weak. I would barely pull older GT500 mustangs from like a 60 punch. You get more midrange from a tune then any other spot imo

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
damn, new vehicles that are coming out are pretty serious competitors in terms of roll race. 55k and it almost keeps up with 2014 GTR, just wow!

Curious how new Z07 would do? Just kill our beloved GTR??!! Would cost around 95k too! Curious if ZR1 would be released, if there would be one, that would be just a killer...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I'm not so sure about the outcome and here's why;

The 2014 GTR traps about 124-125 MPH at the end of the 1/4. The stock C7 is around 115-117.
A stock Z06 is about 124-126 MPH.

Even if a tune - on a stock NA engine no less - could add 7+ MPH to the C7 - it should be nigh equal at best. From what I saw in the video - that C7 had a steady pull and only got worse as they got faster.

The 2014's have had a bunch of problems - mostly with low octane - even more so than the 2013's. That plus knowing what gear the GTR is critical. We all know that our cars need their short gearing to keep up with these lighter cars.

Is it possible it is what it is - perhaps - but a tune on an NA car is not normally that dramatic (as it is on FI cars). I would say a C7 will lose by at least a car to two cars - even with a tune - to a stock 2014, if it is driven well and on good fuel.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Shouldn't get more than about 30 hp from tune on NA motor. Would be surprised if more. Again comparing modded to to stock. Tune the gtr and see what happens.

Samsung Galaxy S4

·
RED MONSTER
1,796 Posts
+1. It's not about being butt-hurt or anything like that, but the C7 is actually quite a bit slower than any GTR. When I see someone post a C7 video racing against a few cars you can bet it won't be even close to stock because it always seems like they have something to prove.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have had a 2006 c6, 2008 c6, 2011 grandsport and was second on the list for the c7 at the dealership i do business with. I couldnt put my order in because the comp seats were on constraint. Speaking from my ownership experiance. I was on the fence about the c7 or gtr. After driving the gtr imho it destroys the c6 in everyway. Sure you dont have the constant fear that your going to die and you dont have a heads up display (really the only thing i miss). The launch control with the gtr is waaaaay more intense/fast than the c6. Some if not a majority of the tech in the c7 is on par with the gtr. Tire temps, automotive grade aerogel, memory metal, not using balsa wood for the floor etc. they finally got into this decade with the tech in the car. But i didn't like the color combos with the black plastic. Unless the car is dark it kinda makes the car look like a retarded transformer hot-wheels car. Here is a pick of the car i ordered but didn't Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood pick up. Sold less than 4 hours after i let them know.

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
Even though the gtr is fairly easy to drive and race, there are the people that will still dive poorly. Vtnight hit the nail on the head. The octane is extremely important for the 14' especially, not to mention for roll racing the gtr has to be in manual. My guess is the gtr was in auto and he punched it, expecting it to up shift from sixth to the correct gear and pull on the vette.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I have driven 2014 GTR at drag strip and it sure didn't come any where close to 124 mph. The owner drove it on two different occassions and it wasn't close either. In fact, No DBA cars has come close to that here and I would say less than 10% of cars have trapped 124 + mph. Just like less than 10% of Z06 traps 125 mph. Recently our local track, one lane is screw up and posting crazy trap speeds. 60-130 mph of 7.6 s showing up as 134.x MPH trap speed where normally it is 130-131 mph on GTRs. It is impossible to compare trap speeds as so many tracks the speed read out is wrong and more important weather factor. If I want high trap speed, I would just go to that lane and trap 137 mph in good weather, but in reality I know it would be a true 134 mph.

With that say, GTR is faster than C7 and C7 on the video has a little bit of head start which GTR had to over come.

·
The World Warrior
7,254 Posts
People are so stupid in the comment section of that video. The GT-R in the vid was in the wrong gear started pulling and let off early. probably because of traffic. I highly doubt that the C7 even with a tune would pull on a stock GT-R.

·
Registered
50 Posts
People are so stupid in the comment section of that video. The GT-R in the vid was in the wrong gear started pulling and let off early. probably because of traffic. I highly doubt that the C7 even with a tune would pull on a stock GT-R.
That's exactly what i stated on post 3.!!!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts