Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got off my ass and gave this a go to try that ebay filter out. It's pretty straight forward and takes 20-30 mins tops. It actually only requires one tool to do. A phillips screw driver is all you need.

There may be other ways to do this. Here is what worked for me. Others may also have different names for different panels........

1. Pull off glove box. Pull off retractable clip.

2. Picture of Inner panel.

3. Pull off Lower Panel (This step may not be needed)

4. Pull off Door Trim.

5. Unscrew (By hand the black plastic nut) and Pull of Kicker Panel.

6. Pull Off Side Panel.

7. Unscrew the Inner Panel. It has 5 phillips screw on the bottom row. One in the middle and four on the top row.

8. Pull out the inner panel and remove the white plastic lid to expose the cabin filter.

9. Remove the filter. Check to see how dirty it really is. Put in new filter and reverse the order.

By the end of it I realized all you need to do is remove 10 philip screws and the rest just pulls off. Usually takes me longer to wash the car then to do this re and re.
Definatley not worth the $80-100 the dealers like to charge. But to each their own.

Here is a pic of my filter at the 10K mark.

Here is a pic of the old and new cabin filter side by side.

Hopefully this helps others that want to try it themselves.

·
JDM R35 Premium
2,033 Posts
so the RHD is the same just reversed?

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely........don't own a RHD so can't confirm that bro.......

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just did this, thank you for the guide!
The step to remove the lower panel (#3) is not necessary.

I used this filter: ATP Charcoal Filter
Smells better already!

·
Registered
883 Posts
^+1 Thank you!
This is definitely not worth what dealer charges to replace.

I must admit I initially got stuck trying to figure out how to remove the retractable chord from the glovebox until I read it was a "clip" and so I merely pulled hard and it popped off.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^+1 Thank you!
This is definitely not worth what dealer charges to replace.

I must admit I initially got stuck trying to figure out how to remove the retractable chord from the glovebox until I read it was a "clip" and so I merely pulled hard and it popped off.
No worries. Glad it helped.

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I see you stuck your Amazon affiliate ID into that link so you can get paid if anyone buys it...... Sly move dude.

Buy it from http://www.rockauto.com/ since it's only $18 shipped with priority mail. Cheaper than Amazon.

Search for RA64. It's made by ATP.
At first I thought you were talking about my post.

·
Lake Bum
2,747 Posts
GTROB: I see you stuck your Amazon affiliate ID into that link so you can get paid if anyone buys it...... Sly move dude.

Buy it from http://www.rockauto.com/ since it's only $18 shipped with priority mail. Cheaper than Amazon.

Search for RA64. It's made by ATP.
I was just about to post this myself. Rock Auto has always been the best prices online. 90% of the time they can't be beat. I just ordered mine.
http://www.rockauto.com/dbphp/x,catalog,4,partnum,RA64,d,ATP_RA64.html

Thanks for the info OP! Going to change mine out. I just hit 10k miles too.

·
NJ Strong
1,296 Posts

·
Banned
383 Posts
got it from rock auto THANKS~

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.