Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure there's probably several of us on NAGTROC by now, and this would be a good way to make contact and get to know each other. I know some lucky guy recently got a new 2012 Super Silver from Stadium Nissan. I saw it in the shop while in for service, and I told Sam to switch it out for my '09. No luck though . . . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm from Calgary. Black '09. Just been a lurker on the forums though.

Haven't been lucky enough to catch a 2012 at a dealer yet though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
g1656-

By any chance do you park in Bow Valley Square? I see a black there every so often.

Mike

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
i'm in saskatoon, but i get it serviced in calgary...does that count?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Calgary's not a "snooty" town. Saskatoon works for me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No driving for me in the winter. It's capable, but I wouldn't subject it to the salt & gravel & moisture. I don't even drive it when it rains . . .

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hola, neighbors!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep, I'm in Calgary, 2010 White. I've actually been meeting more and more GT-R owners the last year here just by run in.

I've DD'd the car in winter for the last few years, it's more than capable in the city, because of the weight the thing is a tank. Slap some winters on there and you're laughing, starting, stopping, hills are nothing. The biggest concern for me is not my car, but everyone else's, I've almost been hit lots of times by SUV's who think they're invincible in the snow and lose control. And because we're in Calgary everyone thinks it's a necessity to drive an SUV. Because of that I've bought another car that will likely split time with the GT-R in Winter.

Funny, I ran into the owner of that SS 2012 GT-R at Stadium earlier this month while getting mine serviced, he must be getting frequent services for some reason if you saw him as well. From what I could see Sam was only servicing our two GT-R's that day. Older fellow, didn't really get a chance to talk to him before Darren brought my loaner around. I did get a chance to see the car up close as I ran into Sam driving it while I was picking up my car. It looks great in SS, but we both agreed that the BE wheels look horrible compared to the 2009-2011's, I love the red trim and the carbon accents but I think the seats are better in the 2009-2011 versions, I would not like an all leather seat in this car, the fabric material holds you much better I find, and is much warmer in the winter!

mgcalgary have you met a guy named Murray? he has a red 09 GT-R that he services through Stadium as well. Probably one of the quickest GT-R's in Alberta including 2012's. He's got quite a few mods on that thing. From the outside the only way I think you can tell is he's running a Stillen exhaust. I've had some mod work done at Vex in Calgary and shortly afterwards Murray started bringing his car there as well, they've managed to get some great power out of that thing. Ryan I believe has posted the dyno sheets on this board.

I also know of a 2012 White BE in Calgary that was purchased through the new dealership at Royal Oak. Ran into him at a company event downtown this summer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Not in Calgary but a bit north. I'll be spending the day tommorow putting my '09 into storage for the winter. I hate putting it away, but the snow will be flying any day now.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, I'm in Calgary, 2010 White. I've actually been meeting more and more GT-R owners the last year here just by run in.

I've DD'd the car in winter for the last few years, it's more than capable in the city, because of the weight the thing is a tank. Slap some winters on there and you're laughing, starting, stopping, hills are nothing. The biggest concern for me is not my car, but everyone else's, I've almost been hit lots of times by SUV's who think they're invincible in the snow and lose control. And because we're in Calgary everyone thinks it's a necessity to drive an SUV. Because of that I've bought another car that will likely split time with the GT-R in Winter.

Funny, I ran into the owner of that SS 2012 GT-R at Stadium earlier this month while getting mine serviced, he must be getting frequent services for some reason if you saw him as well. From what I could see Sam was only servicing our two GT-R's that day. Older fellow, didn't really get a chance to talk to him before Darren brought my loaner around. I did get a chance to see the car up close as I ran into Sam driving it while I was picking up my car. It looks great in SS, but we both agreed that the BE wheels look horrible compared to the 2009-2011's, I love the red trim and the carbon accents but I think the seats are better in the 2009-2011 versions, I would not like an all leather seat in this car, the fabric material holds you much better I find, and is much warmer in the winter!

mgcalgary have you met a guy named Murray? he has a red 09 GT-R that he services through Stadium as well. Probably one of the quickest GT-R's in Alberta including 2012's. He's got quite a few mods on that thing. From the outside the only way I think you can tell is he's running a Stillen exhaust. I've had some mod work done at Vex in Calgary and shortly afterwards Murray started bringing his car there as well, they've managed to get some great power out of that thing. Ryan I believe has posted the dyno sheets on this board.

I also know of a 2012 White BE in Calgary that was purchased through the new dealership at Royal Oak. Ran into him at a company event downtown this summer.
I think I talked to Murray a couple years ago. He had just gotten his new exhaust, and said I could stop by some time to hear it. I just never got around to it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hey guys...I've been lurking on here off and on and finally checked out the Canadian section. I also live in Airdrie,but I'm a GTR wanna-be at the moment. I'm tentatively planning on picking up a used 2012 in April/May. We'll see. I've seen a black one in the SW Airdrie a couple of times. I've also seen a matte black one DT Calgary on 2 occasions. Good looking car.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
You're gonna have one formidable garage when you do, crazyrc!

·
Registered
697 Posts
You're gonna have one formidable garage when you do, crazyrc!
Thanks Kreation.
Its confirmed! I'll have a 2012 delivered by next Wed. Black premium with 6000kms. All stock...for now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sup guys! Im in Calgary, I got my 2009 White GT-R just last July. Was hoping to have a meet up with most of you guys but got busy with work.
I just garaged mine for the winter sigh* Can't bare to think of snow, salt and rocks touching my baby =)

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,636 Posts
Sup guys! Im in Calgary, I got my 2009 White GT-R just last July. Was hoping to have a meet up with most of you guys but got busy with work.
I just garaged mine for the winter sigh* Can't bare to think of snow, salt and rocks touching my baby =)
Hello hello!!
Congrats on your purchase!
I'm curious to know, if your '09 is the Hakone White or one of the Ivory Pearls?
Thanks,
Gdzilla

1 - 20 of 94 Posts