Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
GTR-KID
655 Posts
Yeah or a mitm attack and spoof the Cal-ID and CVN. Im sure someone will develop a device which can mimic OEM values.
It's not too hard to do that..... and can easily spoof the oem values for anything...

·
choose your destructor
429 Posts
Yeah or a mitm attack and spoof the Cal-ID and CVN. Im sure someone will develop a device which can mimic OEM values.
hello, friend

mrrobot_s2_ep12_elliotcomputer.jpg

·
Registered
627 Posts
Wait until Califoria asks the Federal Gov. for a bailout....Then everyone outside of California will hate them......They're committing suicide and its only going to get worse....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just started buying all my parts for FBO. So annoying. I need to find out how to register in Montana or South Dakota or wherever people are doing it nowadays.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Someone will come up with a way to spoof the OEM tune. It's just a matter of someone deciding to do it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is OBD PID table stuff, so I'd be curious to see if Accesstuner can get to the data field.

NOT that anyone would actually do it, imply it or suggest such thing...we all comply with regulations here on this forum :nervous:

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Buy a newer car and hope you never get reffed during the exemption period.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,597 Posts
Just started buying all my parts for FBO. So annoying. I need to find out how to register in Montana or South Dakota or wherever people are doing it nowadays.
Two things though...you can't indefinitely have Out-of-State plates on your car. And, you will likely have problems with your insurance company.

Alexd

·
Registered
9,726 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't livestock produce more greenhouse gases then autos? We should just eliminate cows, go vegetarian and problem solved! :headshake:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Don't livestock produce more greenhouse gases then autos? We should just eliminate cows, go vegetarian and problem solved! :headshake:
Didn't they do that on Southpark?

Then PETA has a cow! ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Judging by the collapse in oil prices globally greenhouse gasses from autos is nonexistent.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah this change is almost the last straw for me staying in CA. Luckily my setup is pretty simple...but this Bi-Annual craziness is going to get old fast.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Big Daddies told me the mini cats would not work on my 2012 GTR.

I wonder if you jsut have a cobb or ecutek if you can put in a stock tune and put on your cats, drive for 150 miles and then pass?
They work

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am so glad I just moved out of Ca. Having to constantly worry about being reffed made driving the car not overly enjoyable. I was only FBO, but running stock exhaust just for the sole purpose of not trying to draw attention or be overly loud.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts