Nissan GT-R Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Colorado is one of those states. Group buy on land in Montana anyone?
From your neighbor down south in NM, still amazes me how CO = CA east these days. They all complain about CA and move away, then turn their new place into the same as what they left in the first place.

Reactions: L.L.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
From your neighbor down south in NM, still amazes me how CO = CA east these days. They all complain about CA and move away, then turn their new place into the same as what they left in the first place.
I couldn't agree more. Things are slowly trending that way. Although we're in a county that is mostly the opposite of what CA residents typically vote and want in terms of taxes, politics, and lifestyle, we can't help but see the changes slowly trickling in with the transplants who we would rather see stay in CA. On the other hand, some changes are for the good and there is room for improvement around these parts. The changes being adopted from CA are not implemented on a whim. Even though some folks don't like Polis because of party association, I've got to say he's a little more considerate of the general population including those on the other side than say Newsom. It's not difficult to see that he tries but it's just hard to satisfy everybody. We do have the perspective of having lived in CA for 40 years prior to moving here so it's really not quite there... yet. If it trends in the wrong direction, we do have family in ABQ so we may be joining you all down south in a few years. :)

Is NM also considering the CARB route with emissions testing and testing for OEM software at some point in the near future?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Just so you know, if you register your car in Montana (and get a Montana driver license) you don't have to take your car up there to do it. If you make an appointment with their DMV, it's about a month out, but you can walk in as well. You go one place for the license/registration and another for your plates. You need two pieces of mail to show residency as well as other documentation. Not really that big a deal so long as you have an address to use.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That is so true!

Is so sad it use to be a beautiful place long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Building on this..........If you tune with Cobb , you can reverse the tune back to stock if you have saved your OEM tune on your access port.............. How does this work with Ecutek......... Tuners ........let us know......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Building on this..........If you tune with Cobb , you can reverse the tune back to stock if you have saved your OEM tune on your access port.............. How does this work with Ecutek......... Tuners ........let us know......
Sorry for the noob question but if i get tuned on Cobb, I can just switch back to OEM tune provided I saved it on access port? Would they be able to detect that it was tuned before?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
My understanding is EcuTek tuners have a "stock" tune file they can send back to the users who wish to revert back to OEM - it's not "your OEM tune", but just a generic file that emulates the OEM programming.

Reactions: Fred-R

·
Registered
79 Posts
A "stock tune" with any delta from the OEM provided firmware binary will fail checksum validation. At least in MA, they are testing for that, and we are a "right to repair state" though neither the right to repair not state part are true. My car will fail no matter what i do - 12 injectors, high compression, etc etc (i have all the emissions control bits).
I'm now hearing from pretty much everyone, even with full emissions control and so on, that they're being failed (closing on a house in VT by end of month, done with this absurd place). The failures are being executed by a third-party which wormed itself into the inspection process by sole-source contract. They are overriding state law and failing cars for things not covered as being a problem by the law, forcing the state to perform onerous full teardown inspections. Within a few months no modified car will be legal on MA roads (if registered here, you have 60d after a failure to get it right). MA also pursues out-of-state registrations as tax evasion - its how they got Capone, and its how they'll get drivers.
This scam they're running is great - next year they might start failing anyone not using top of the line michellin rubber, or whatever manufacturer lines their pockets. Corruption in MA has never been much of a secret, now they're just coopting government function outright.
We need an NRA for drivers - someone to go all bugnuts crazy for our right to modify as long as we're not destroying the world or blowing up in civilian areas (probably dont do 3k hp pulls on a quiet residential) and send rabid lobbyists to clutter the lobbies of DC hotels :). I recently posted a thread covering the financial concerns too: what will your car be worth to a market which cannot legally buy or drive it in most states? They are literally taking the value of our assets right out of our pocket (seemingly to virtue-signal or possibly to get manufacturers paid for OEM kit, which likely trickles back).

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yeah, no surprise why Smith & Wesson pulled chocks and is moving to TN after centuries in MA.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts