Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Things are kinda slow around here so I though I would share a recent story. I rebuilt my front calipers with the OEM kit (part # D1120-JF20A). I was told my the nissan rep and others that it's one kit per caliper but that is not the case. Each kit services TWO calipers.

The rebuild is not difficult to do. I watched these two videos for the rebuild and the brake bleeding.

The snag in the process was while taking apart one of the calipers, I realized my brake piston was separated into two.

Unfortunately there were no oem brake pistons available in north america and they were direct order from japan with no guarantee of delivery time and the order can not be cancelled. So i picked up the phone and Called Racing Brake. They sell replacement pistons for 1/4 of the cost and they are in stock. #whew

The motiv bleeder 0117 comes with the cap you need for our cars. A second bleed after a couple of heat cycles of the fluid returned my pedal back to where it was before.

Attachments

·
GTR-KID
655 Posts
Great info! What was your motive behind rebuilding them?

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Great info! What was your motive behind rebuilding them?
The dust boots were toast and i had a sticky piston i could hear on the passenger side everytime i drove slowly.

Attachments

·
I ❤️ Oil & Gas
5,639 Posts
Nice job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts