Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i had a transmission failure with my GTR . the car only shifts 1st skips 2nd goes into 3rd skips 4th goes into 5th and never shifts to 6th
i got my Cubb connected checked the codes and these came out
P0840
P0797
after reseting the codes and restarting the car, the car starts working perfectly for a while till the failure codes pops again
ive tried this few times with reseting the codes but at the end same thing happens again.
after some searching ive done here on nagtroc i found out its a transmission solenoids problem
and the transmission pressure sensors need to be replaced with Dodson sensors , ive sent the car to a local dealer here in kuwait, got in contact with Dodson and explained the problem they told me the transmission need to be dropped out and the solenoids to be checked and probably the sensors need to be replaced, unfortunately they dont have the parts i need in stock .

So now i need to look around for 2 Dodson sensors, if any Dodson pro dealer around got these please get in contact with me .

Note : the car already has a an upgraded clutch from Dodson

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
Not sure who in Kuwait carries Dodson parts. Your closest installer/dealer outside of Kuwait is Bahrain. PM me for more info.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have Dynomax garrage which is a Dodson pro dealer , and they can
Do the installing , but they only got 1 sensor , and I need 2 .

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem fixed after replacing the 2 sensors .
All the thanks goes to Extreme Pr, Ali Al Bishr from UAE
And MC Pr in KSA.
I also dropped in Type One downpipes HKS Y-pipe and HKS legamass catback
The car is shotting flames now and sounds so much better,
But I'm adviced to get a new tune due to the new downpipes ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts