Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dear GTR owners,

My friends in UK is shooting a top tuner challenge for the magazine TOP GEAR, His name FLY has been shooting for UK magazine including TOP GEAR in UK as well as Super Street in the USA for years, he is on assignment from TOP GEAR to shoot the hottest R35 GTR that Nissan claim it was not modifiable. They are schedule to rent our Spring Mountain Raceway (Nevada) for a all out flogging and a Owners meet.

:fly here from ENGLAND , i have an amazing thing to ask all off you ?

i am looking if all you guys with tuned GT-R thats R35s are interested in meeting up again for a

magazine feature for TOP GEAR magazine , not just england but all there world wide issues ,

2 million readers !!!!!!!

me as in ( FLY) top gear and bill thomas dep editor TOP GEAR ENGLAND want to come over some time

starting 12th oct anytime there after and photograph you all for the next issue 12 PAGES we need as many GT-R as

you can get , modified tho , engine , etc , the biggest HP in USA etc !

are you guys interested please please call or email me as need to know asap ?????

thanks hope your interested boys or we go to japan , FLY "

+44 7850 940 044

His email is [email protected]

Like to know who would show interest.

I will ask fly to contribute to this thread.

................Best,

James Chen

Friday, October 16th, 2009. Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch & Switchcars.com are hosting Top Gear Magazine
for a spread on Nissan GT-R owners/tuners in the US.

We are looking specifically for heavily modified/tuned R35 GT-Rs to be featured in the article,
but ALL R35 Nissan GT-R owners are invited with their vehicles to participate in a private track event.

Not only will owners have access to the private, members-only Spring Mountain Raceway, but we will have an open house at our exotic car showroom, the clubhouse will be available (pool, spa, masseuse, etc.), and rides will be available for interested parties in any of Switchcars' inventory as well as Radical racecars. We will also be having lunch catered in the clubhouse, and may possibly plan an after-party as well.

Your only costs are lunch, dinner, and fuel. Please RSVP to [email protected]
Also - for those that may not have a car "ready" - this is the word from Top Gear:
They want to do a PHOTOSHOOT and INTERVIEW with the tuners/owners of the best 10 tuned GT-Rs that show up. There is no performance test, or anything of the sort.....the track day is just a freebie provided by us. So....if your car is being prepped for SEMA, or isn't ready, just trailer it out here.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
OMG, another possible road trip to the Western half of the USA. I am down!
Need more details ASAP if this thing will happen and when. Can we push the dates back a little bit? Oct and Nov are jam packed with industry events and meets.

·
www.goturnstop.com
1,377 Posts
Spring Mountain Raceway just outside Vegas.

Will be talking to editor of Top Gear tomorrow about dates, etc.

They seem to want to have it soon though, so not sure how flexible they are. Definitely short notice but would be a huge event worth scrambling for imo.
yes it is a worthwhile event, but w/ short notice.
the UK guys have to realize this isn't a country where you can get from one side to the other in less then 12 hours.

preliminary off-line discussion of the southeast contingent; vote for the tuesday post Redline. we will already be out west for the events so stopping back in vegas wouldn't be any trouble.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
yes it is a worthwhile event, but w/ short notice.
the UK guys have to realize this isn't a country where you can get from one side to the other in less then 12 hours.

preliminary off-line discussion of the southeast contingent; vote for the tuesday post Redline. we will already be out west for the events so stopping back in vegas wouldn't be any trouble.
I agree. Many of the fastest GT-R's in the country will around be in and around the area for SEMA and Redline Time Attack. I can't see myself making two back to back 32hr cross country drives....as tempting as that sounds.

So Tues November 17th would be perfect. Monday gives us a travel/rest day, before hitting the track on Tues.

·
Registered
665 Posts
i'm trying to get a "trailered" ride out, but if this can't happen, who from the Southeast would be down for a caravan?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am totally into it. Seems like great exposure, and a great time with a lot of fellow GT-R owners. If the car is put back together and running we will be there.

1 - 20 of 396 Posts