Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Stealth
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see title. Without a lot of launch of course. Thanks!

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Yes, absolutely!

Matter of fact, I'm going to do a hybrid-alpha 6->alpha 9 model on a stock tranny. You shouldn't have any problems as far as the package AMS setup. However, we all know that circlips can bomb the tranny at any time and your tranny should be looked at regardless (but it has nothing to do with AMS or the alpha package).

·
R32 Member
200 Posts
Yes, the stock trans would handle that power without a problem. You could always go the more cautious route and do the basic transmission upgrades if you wanted to be more confident.

If you want to talk more about the Alpha packages or transmission upgrade feel free to give me a call at 630-549-8902

·
Stealth
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! The GT-R will be my weekender and I am not intending to track the car. Just worried about the tranny.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
If you are really worried I would do the entry level package that Dan talked about. It will address all the major weak points on the transmission that even a stock GT-R should be concerned with.

Eric

·
Stealth
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are really worried I would do the entry level package that Dan talked about. It will address all the major weak points on the transmission that even a stock GT-R should be concerned with.

Eric
Hey, Eric. Could you let me know what parts are in the entry level package? So I can calculate my budget. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Hey, Eric. Could you let me know what parts are in the entry level package? So I can calculate my budget. Thanks!
I would like to know also the cost of an entry level trans and the difference on the next step up also.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Eric
Hey Eric! Could you PM me the basic transmission upgrade kit and also include how much it costs. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
while you are at it, me too please

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.