Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my GTR tuned about four days ago. Iv got a fully built Dodson Pro-Max tranny good for upto 1500whp + a full Amuse R1 Titan exhaust with Y-Pipe etc plus all the bolt ons. My tuner pulled out 610whp with 607tq. My car is s 2009 with only 7k miles. Very good shape.
So yesterday it was a sweltering hot day and I was driving the car a bit hard. Floored it in second gear after traffic light and as the boost kicked in the car hit limp mode...it just wouldn't move and heard like rattling. I didn't know what limp mode was so I started slightly pushing the throttle to get it out of the way. But in like 10secs the car was normal again. No lights on, no warning, nothing (except TPMS Cuz I'm on 21" wheels). So I hammered again in 2nd to redline and then 3rd lifting foot off in fourth and fifth to coast. Few meters later reached traffic lights and started braking without downshifting. As I came to stop at traffic light reaching second the car just switched off on me. I tried starting it but lights came on and no power. Tried again and it wouldn't even crank - as if no power! Tried again and even the hazards wouldn't come on.
Called AA they checked batt and said it wasn't dead but sux feet under. Just no life in it. Swapped new battery and it took like two mins to fire up. Car was fine, RPM stable but geatbox or TM light was on. Shifted to first to move forward and it made horrible scratching sound, shifted to second and it jerked it's way towards the flatbed.
Tuner said that it was the batt that caused the mess up. Low voltage can cause limp mode. Plus he asked me to fire it up tomorrow and reset the RCU in my Cobb V6. He said if battery dies or is replaced car needs to be reset. He said worst case scenario it might be my alternator.
Just wanted to see if anyone has any experience on this or tips?
Would like to add that car was fine first two days after tune with RPM stable as rock on standstill. But about a day or two before this incident I noticed very slight up and down movement...as in I could see it and hear the car kind of whining up and down on idle. Very slightly. Kind of like the batt voltage was not right.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts