Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my C6Z06 and debating the move to a GT-R, but I am also a fairly avid golfer and I have a somewhat odd requirement for my vehicles in that I need them to be able to carry a set of golf clubs in the trunk w/o folding seats down and all that stuff. I have a G37 sedan that I drive most of the time, but when I feel like taking my Z06, I can easily fit 2 sets in the back since it's a hatch. The GTR trunk looks small, similar to the new Camaro's and they cannot fit clubs in w/o folding the rear seats down and jamming them in there.

Just curious and I did not see/find a search feature on this forum to look in, forgive me if I missed it.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
415 Posts
I can fit my bag in no problem. It just goes in at an angle. Sometimes i take the driver out of the bag and place it in separately but I really don't have to to make everything fit.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Why would you ever drive and park the GTR anywhere near where golf balls might kiss your car. Golfers are not known for there accuracy and i can tell you as an insurance agent i have had my share of claims for broken windshields and dented cars because of crosseyed golfers! Who ever you might be playing with have them drive! But that being said,they do fit

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Why would you ever drive and park the GTR anywhere near where golf balls might kiss your car. Golfers are not known for there accuracy and i can tell you as an insurance agent i have had my share of claims for broken windshields and dented cars because of crosseyed golfers! Who ever you might be playing with have them drive! But that being said,they do fit
It's not like we park in the fairway lol. Down in FL they did a pretty good job at keeping the parking lots danger free. Regardless I always look for a nice covered corner spot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome to hear. I know it is sort of an odd thing to look for in a car, but I am kind of hoping that the GTR can be the car that my E55 never was....a practical car that I can fit the kids in if needed, that I can go golfing in if desired, and I can enjoy because it's fast and I have a lead foot. When my E55 failed at being any fun, I gave up on all the practical needs and bought a Z06, but it would be nice to be able to have a back seat again. Don't worry, my kids are 5 and 2. They won't complain about the lack of leg room that I am sure is an issue as it is with all 2 door cars with a backseat for legless people w/ no heads.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yes, you can fit 3 bags...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i have a golf bag, 2 fishing poles, a couple of tackle boxes and my AR15 in my trunk right now

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excellent to hear. I'm looking forward to picking one up. My Z06 has a deposit currently, so I will start shopping for a GT-R and see what's out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Moving on from this question.

What size of human can physically fit in the back seat? I am only curious to know if my 5 yr old son can sit back there without having to sit indian style?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Moving on from this question.

What size of human can physically fit in the back seat? I am only curious to know if my 5 yr old son can sit back there without having to sit indian style?
my 11 year old daughter fits back there just fine with my wife in the front seat. Front seat needs to be moved forward but both of them are comfortable.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.