Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this needs to be two different posts; but I have 2016 FBO E85 with no restrictions within exhaust. Ben Linney Tuning for my tune for the aforementioned, Visconti tune for everything else. The issue happens on both tunes. I do have Visconti billet basket already.
Issue: only while in 2-5th, only from 1500-3000rpm, never under load, and only when car is at temp; the car will bog and is noticeable audibly and can be seen in the tachometer.
It took 340 miles for the system to reset enough where I can go to emissions (Connecticut) and almost immediately after I got P0159, P0139, P0158, P0138.
After reading a ton of previous posts, I’m thinking the fuel filter and/or pump may be causing the bogging issue; but the overall question of this post: would that also cause these CEL’s?
I had been running almost exclusively on e85 for maybe 2 years (pump gas for the last 340 miles for emissions tune) which leads me to the assumption that it destroyed the filter or clogged up something. O2 sensors are new directly from Nissan dealership. Fabspeed “catalytic converters.”
Font Number Circle

Rectangle Font Number Parallel Paper product

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Passed my emissions this morning!! Needed to do a complete reset with the battery disconnected over night (12 hours) then complete the drive cycle.
I also got a GotBoost fuel pressure monitoring system at the advice of others. Does anyone know if the car requires a new tune in order to function? Or does the monitor simply provide more information for the tuner to make any additional changes?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Yeah, you`ll have to inform your tuner. Make sure you tell him on which bank the monitor is installed. Instructions (Gotboost) say bank1. Linney used bank 2 on my car (by mistake) and the car ran terrible and stalled at every stop etc.
You can install everything before the tune adjustment just don`t connect the electrics (map sensor).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts