Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Music Producer
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys,

I'm looking for a good (quickish) car wash place in phx, I would prefer west valley (far west lol)

price really doesnt matter as long as its a good wash...

Also if you know of a good detailing place that would be great as well.

Thanks in advance!

18,304 Posts
The only ones I use are Classic Car Spa, but they are hit or miss. The one in North Scottsdale north of the 101 on Scottsdale Rd and the one in Mesa off Higley and Southern are the only two I somewhat trust at this point. Hand wash, hand dry, and all the usual treatment.

My M3 already had some wash swirl damage when I bought it, and I've yet to be able to find a competent detailer down here to remedy it. I had a guy back in WA that could make anything shine. While I don't really want to drop $800 on a crazy detail, I'd like to hear some suggestions as well for a good, quality detailer than can do swirl/scratch removal.

-James

·
GTRLIFE BOTM August 2015
1,042 Posts
Not west...but not east either...Toms Thumb off the 101 and Bell does a great hand wash...and if you spring for the detail are far superior to places like Classic Car Spa polishing. I don't have time to take care of my car right and a black car is super tough to manage...so once a year I have a full detail done by a private party (color correction type work). Every 6 months or before a car show I use a place like Toms Thumb to give me a 150 dollar kind of job...and between the 6 month spans I use the hand wash options at Classic Car Spa.

As a daily driver, this is really the only way I have found to keep the appearance up. When I had my white GTR...you can get away with ALOT less. Just depends on the color of your car...and how picky you are.

18,304 Posts
Not west...but not east either...Toms Thumb off the 101 and Bell does a great hand wash...and if you spring for the detail are far superior to places like Classic Car Spa polishing. I don't have time to take care of my car right and a black car is super tough to manage...so once a year I have a full detail done by a private party (color correction type work). Every 6 months or before a car show I use a place like Toms Thumb to give me a 150 dollar kind of job...and between the 6 month spans I use the hand wash options at Classic Car Spa.

As a daily driver, this is really the only way I have found to keep the appearance up. When I had my white GTR...you can get away with ALOT less. Just depends on the color of your car...and how picky you are.
I've been to Toms Thumb before, but didn't even think about the detail work there. Nice place for sure, and good spot for higher octane. I'll have them do a full exterior on mine and see if they can be the first to make it look right.

-James

·
Music Producer
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

So by arrowhead? I might go this weekend....

·
Registered
223 Posts
^^^ im on the westside also. White tanks area. We should meet up the 14th. Got a carshow early a.m an than a cruise up to payson with some other exotics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Music Producer
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ im on the westside also. White tanks area. We should meet up the 14th. Got a carshow early a.m an than a cruise up to payson with some other exotics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using GT-R Life mobile app
Like off the 303?

I should have some free time that day....

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wash the car myself at a wand wash location in East Mesa on Power and University next to JJ Madison's (that restaurant is disgusting btw). I use this place because it has reverse osmosis spot free rinse mode. I bring my own buckets and towels and stuff. It takes about an hour and the car looks perfect to me. I think it is about $12 total every time I wash the car, and they take credit card.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Agree with configt - hand washing yourself at a bay with spot free is an awesome option. If you don't feel like doing it, I've found that these guys are competent: http://mesafivestarcarwash.com/welcome. I take both my GT-R and Grand National there with very good results. They're inexpensive and most of the guys there know how to take care of nice cars. I always tip more than the wash costs (it's like $8 or something, so I tip $10 or more when they do a wax for me).

I've also heard good things about these guys: http://www.carcleanersdetailing.com/Auto_Detailing_Mesa_AZ_by_Car_Cleaners_Detailing/Home.html. They always have a bunch of classics/exotics in their lot - going to check them out one of these weekends. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Evil, check out Classic Auto Spa Val Vista and Williams field. Its all hand wash, they have a tunnel, they spray it down then wash it by hand then send it down the tunnel to get rinsed off waxed etc etc then they dry it and do the interior at the back en.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Big Jay used to run the Arcadia Hand Wash at 44th and Indian School. They sold his building, and he went mobile. He rolls up with a completely self contained trailer and a guy and washed your car right at your place. He can do detail stuff, but will come to you just for a wash. He is accostume to high end exotic cars. Excellent work.

Big Jay 602-635-0531 ir 602-214-1118. I have both numbers in my phone, but don't remember which one is his current number.

·
Music Producer
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Big Jay used to run the Arcadia Hand Wash at 44th and Indian School. They sold his building, and he went mobile. He rolls up with a completely self contained trailer and a guy and washed your car right at your place. He can do detail stuff, but will come to you just for a wash. He is accostume to high end exotic cars. Excellent work.

Big Jay 602-635-0531 ir 602-214-1118. I have both numbers in my phone, but don't remember which one is his current number.
Do you know what his range for travel is?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.