Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was in RCR and operating temps above 150. Brake to the floor and when I floored gas pedal....nothing. As if car still cold or not in race mode. Happened three times in a row. Waited a bit so operating temp higher then car launched fine. What gives?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Car was in RCR and operating temps above 150. Brake to the floor and when I floored gas pedal....nothing. As if car still cold or not in race mode. Happened three times in a row. Waited a bit so operating temp higher then car launched fine. What gives?
Was the transmission oil temp above 140?

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
Was the transmission oil temp above 140?
^^^

Both coolant and trans oil must equal or exceed 140.

One other possibility (normal, without any problem): Did you launch the car earlier that day 4 times, and not "re-set" the launch as required by driving 1 mile or so? Without the "re-set" it won't launch again.

Alexd

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^^

Both coolant and trans oil must equal or exceed 140.

One other possibility (normal, without any problem): Did you launch the car earlier that day 4 times, and not "re-set" the launch as required by driving 1 mile or so? Without the "re-set" it won't launch again.

Alexd
Both temps above 150 and car had not been launched for a long time. In fact, I thought long period since last launch may have something to do with it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
When I first tried to launch it, I made a mistake of not stomping the gas pedal. Same goes for the brake, it has to be at 100% on the mfd screen then immediately stomp the gas pedal.

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
When I first tried to launch it, I made a mistake of not stomping the gas pedal. Same goes for the brake, it has to be at 100% on the mfd screen then immediately stomp the gas pedal.
+1

The brake pedal must be FIRMLY pressed, and the gas pedal RAPIDLY shoved to the floor. The car apparently gets confused otherwise, and doesn't go into LC.

Alexd

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
If it's tuned on Cobb and a CBA, did you install the vdc off map ?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car not tuned, but it does have a mid pipe. I have launched many times but this was weird and different. Temps were good, and brake and gas pedal to the floor. I've launched a couple of times since and everything seems to be fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts