Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some unfortunate events I was finally able to reclaim my 2009 r35 gtr ADM that was being held in storage for the past 5 months, surprised to be let known that the car was not starting up and they had to put the car in neutral to push it around the storage while it was away. I thought it was probably a dead battery considering the time it spent there so I brought a jump starter and a brand new battery as a backup. Connect the jumpstarter, let it charge abit, jump in, lights turn on, try to start the car, doesn't even crank, instantly aircon start blowing at me and I can't turn it off and a series of cursed error codes show up (T/M System malfunction, 4WD System Malfunction, VDC System Malfunction), after the initial panic I connect my Cobb accessport to see any other codes and I'm presented with 18 more. I also put the gear from Neutral (as it was set to for the guys there to move the car around) into Park and then Drive, and it's showing 2nd gear. My initial thought is that they're probably there from the dead battery considering the car hasn't been driven, oil levels are okay, it was mechanically fine and just serviced prior to it being put in storage, and they could probably be deleted by a mechanic as I couldn't seem to with my accessport (apparently it couldn't communicate to the vehicle). So I replace the battery and now the "no key" sign began illuminating whenever the doors were closed, it was also weird that I couldn't lock the car anymore with the key, but I can unlock it, maybe the key battery is on it's way out too so I'll have that replaced tomorrow after the car gets towed to my mechanic. However after doing some research a lot of people have had similar encounters with an "Immobilizer" issue. I asked the previous owner (I'm the 3rd) if there was an immobilizer installed and he had no idea, and I'm not sure if this is normal but whenever I used to lock the car, it would make a rapid set of clicking noise, like a "tick tick tick tick tick". Some people have related this noise to a "Cobra tracking system" however I don't know anything about it / nor can I find a website / nor do I know how to remove it if that is the issue. Thought I'd post my experience here maybe someone had encountered a similar situation and could shine some light on the issue!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm not sure if the guys in the US use a Cobra tracker, but you will find a lot of information on the UK GTR forum.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I'm not sure if the guys in the US use a Cobra tracker, but you will find a lot of information on the UK GTR forum.
Just added a link from the UK forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just added a link from the UK forum.
UPDATE, I found the issue haha, a blown fuse! The ENG CONT 15A fuse was causing all those issues o_O

1 - 4 of 4 Posts