Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2009 Super Silver GT-R and I want to add an OEM style carbon fiber hood and rear spoiler. I've searched and read through as lot of posts but still am unsure as to what to get. I'm thinking I want dry carbon and I was looking at the Seibon products. I've seen some brands stating their dry carbon has a gloss coating. I've seen some stating they had waves and flaws in the carbon that needed correcting. Etc.... Are the Seibon products recommended or should I be looking at something else? Can you still see the carbon fiber pattern on dry carbon or does it just look like a matte paint job (it's tough to see in the photos posted)? What are the advantages/disadvantages/differences between carbon fiber and dry carbon fiber? I'd really appreciate and info and advice I can get. Thank you!

Scott

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
Seibon is questionable brand. If you want something that's cost effective its for you. There are other brands made in china cheaper and even less quality than seibon.
If you want good quality every time without worry you want to get something else well known. There are lots to choose from. Sean at stillin suggests this seibon wing and says he has heared good reports of it. Suggest contacting him for more information.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
ive only read good feedback from rexspeed and they have better prices than seibon...but mindless oath is right- you get what you pay for. the more expensive carbon peices will fit exactly like oem (or better). its a buy less spend more deal but worth not wasting money on horrible weaves/fitments.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
There is wet carbon and dry carbon. That doesn't mean one is glossy or one is matte. It has to do how its made. Problem is some claims are made incorrectly and some who say its dry carbon isn't real Dry carbon process.

Many factors go into a carbon fiber product.
True dry carbon products use a pressurized oven and have to use a specific profile or heat and pressure at different intervals and times to cure the product and make an even flow of epoxy over your carbon.

Some places use cheap or wrong epoxy.

Also you might want to make sure you get a UV coating to protect your carbon if the product doesn't already have it included.
There is so much more on this topic its not even funny. Lots of traps about the products. If you want the best quality and fit your going to pay a lot.

Call up the guys from password:jdm they might be able to help ya.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.