Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Godzilla Lives
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting very addicted to wrapping things lol. After wrapping my AccessPort I said why not do the key fobs. It's a fun thing to do! I'm going to do my interior parts soon. This is all practice before I start on my car.

It's dirty where the switch is to remove the key. I just need to clean it and it will look perfect.

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts

·
R35 Pilot
1,029 Posts
howd you avoid the wrinkling at top of key where they come together? i tried this on mine and kept getting wrinkles there.

·
hyprpwrphtgrphy.com
2,201 Posts
Heat?

·
Godzilla Lives
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
howd you avoid the wrinkling at top of key where they come together? i tried this on mine and kept getting wrinkles there.
Heat is the key! It's quite simple. Heat it up and stretch it to where their arent any wrinkles pressing firmly so it sticks as it cools. Go around the whole key stretching out wards.

I usually leave the hair dryer running laying down on a surface and when ever I need to heat the wrap I just bring it in front of the hair dryer so it gets hot enough to stretch and back off to work with it. This way I'm always on it with two hands. I found it easier to do then going around it with the hair dryer constantly picking it up and putting it down and losing some flexibility in the wrap by the time I put down the dryer because it got cool.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
very nice! i need to do this!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.