Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Key

8K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  MindlessOath 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I tried searching, and couldn't find anything helpful.

I want to replace my key fob with a carbon fiber one. As in remove the guts of my key, and place into a carbon version. I would prefer not to wrap it, not worth it to make it look cheaper.

Is this even possible, and does anyone know how/where to get one?

Maybe some of you have seen one, I know the Spec V's have it.

Thanks,
Mista Cheese

#3 ·
Ahh! I see, thanks Nick. I assumed, I should have known better. It does look good in the photo's i've seen, maybe worth looking into.

Cheese

#5 ·
you know the more i look at it, the more it looks like a casing that just goes around our key. Kinda like those bic lighter covers they sell at gas stations.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Is the Spec V cover purchasable? If it is, it's probably a billion dollars.

#8 ·
I have have one SpecV case on my spare key. It's beautiful dry carbon and works fine but it's over $600 msrp. To me it was well worth it to have a key different to an Altima key.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I say someone arrange a GB if it's possible

Or a vendor could produce a similar key case which would be a limited run with a serial number and your forum name or whatever you want milled on that Al block

Say 35 pieces, I call number 35 :p..... 23 or 10, depends on price and feedback

#12 ·
As much as I would like to differentiate my key, I am thinking carbon wrap might be better - especially given the comment that real CF blocks the radio waves. I like having long range on my remote.

#13 ·
I don't like that it won't fit in the key slot, I keep my key in there all the time.

#23 ·
The wrap was exactly what I was thinking about. A lot cheaper for essentially the same thing, plus the key will still fit into the key slot. Looks like a Yahoo Japan auction - not sure if they will ship to the US. Maybe "group buy" just to save on shipping?

#24 ·
I found that from Yahoo Auction which I have access to. Unless you have a Japanese account, its almost impossible to buy anything from there.

I have not personally seen the items but suspect it should be pretty good. Not including shipping its about $20 USD but I dont know what it would cost with shipping to the US. It should weight next to nothing. Again, happy to organize a group buy and send it to one address and then that person can mail it off to everyone else once in the US?

Here are the other colours available.

#28 ·
Anyone want to nominate themselves as the group buy organizer in the US? I don't mind ordering it and sending it to one address and it will probably be cheaper than mailing individual items from Tokyo.

Let me know and someone start a list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.