Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting the process of upgrading the exterior/interior with Carbon Fiber. I am hesitant to get pieces from different vendors as I am not sure if the weave or finish will match. I like the gloss finish, but is "gloss" finish the same to all suppliers of carbon fiber? Also, on most sites, you don't specify the weave - are they all the same or can these be different? I want to make sure all of my exterior/interior carbon fiber pieces match perfectly. I would much appreciate anyone who can clarify these issues. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Gloss is definitely not the same from vendor to vendor some are clear coated others are not and it is just resin. Also the weaves is generally a 2x2 twill which is the most common but a lot of vendors are now using 1x1 square or 4x4 diagonal weaves which looks very different.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yes at least if the pieces will be close to each other or touching. If you are concerned get everything done by a single company like gt-rr or robson design as they will have it be very consistent and the weave will be good

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Are you specifically looking at seibon carbon for external pieces? If that's the case they are pretty good there were some issues with the weave on some other makes hoods but that was long ago and they have since fixed that. If anything stick with the same manufacturer for all external pieces if you are really worried about it matching, but even then some may look a little off form one to the next right by each other but when on the car you wouldn't be able to tell.

I have rexspeed, seibon, and others on my car and can't tell any difference

·
WHITE NINJA
4,183 Posts
i bought mine on ebay from different sellers and they all look the same i paid about 200$ each

i got side vents,lower mirror,hood scoop,and front bumper.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good info. Is GT-RR pretty much the best vendor when it comes to CF? Also, does it make a big difference if the piece is a cover (like for the side gtr logo) or the whole piece? I'm a little leery about a cover with some 3M backing to hold it on over a long period of time.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
If you're looking for the best, obviously a cover isn't ideal vs a full carbon piece, and gtrr def has good parts but can be overly priced IMHO.

·
Founder/Admin
26,244 Posts
I'm a little leery about a cover with some 3M backing to hold it on over a long period of time.
my nordring CF front grill and rear lip spoiler are both held on with just 3M and ive had the car up to 155+ multiple times on the track and they held up perfectly

·
Registered
281 Posts
Check out the Titek interior pieces they make.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts