Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried wrapping their side skirts and or front lip in 3m carbon fiber? I'm considering giving it a shot. It wouldn't be hard to remove if I don't like it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I had my front bumper, mirrors, roof and trunk done using 3M Scotchprint carbon fiber and it came out great! I'm sure doing the front lip and skirts would be the same.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have done a few as well and it came out badass. Vinyl will hold up as well and very easy to take care of. Let me know if you need some of the 3M material, I have tons in stock and will sell to the GTR guys for my cost. I will find some pictures as well and post for you... Just wrapped a VW beetle in full carbon fiber.

Louie

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I was wondering, how would the result be if you wrap it and apply some gloss paint. would it have the real carbon fiber effect?

I was thinking of wrapping the rear skirt because I can't find any in real cf that I like for a 2012.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pics. Looks good.

·
R35 Pilot
1,029 Posts
I did front bumper part as well. sides I almost did but i knew i was replacing it with aftermarket any how. Front lip would be very hard to keep it from wrinkling becuase of the sharp curves you would have to pull the vinyl at. Just the mirrors took a couple attempts to keep them from wrinkling.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have done a few as well and it came out badass. Vinyl will hold up as well and very easy to take care of. Let me know if you need some of the 3M material, I have tons in stock and will sell to the GTR guys for my cost. I will find some pictures as well and post for you... Just wrapped a VW beetle in full carbon fiber.

Louie
Hey! Can you PM me the price please.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Anyone do this type of work in Central FL or Central East coast FL?
Jason

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyone do this type of work in Central FL or Central East coast FL?
Jason
Jason,

PM me if you still need someone to install, I have a few companies I work with in Florida.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Louie
Very interested can you please PM me a price.

·
Registered
281 Posts
PM Sent!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Steve,

Let me know if you will need more, my price to you guys for the same sheet you mentioned is $120 shipped.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i really want to wrap the top half of my wing... so this wont rip the paint underneath off right? (heard of that happening here n there

·
Registered
22 Posts
i really want to wrap the top half of my wing... so this wont rip the paint underneath off right? (heard of that happening here n there
As long as the wing hasn't been repainted, you shouldn't have any issues with the paint coming off when you remove the vinyl.

·
El Diablo
682 Posts
I did my front lip and sides and I really like it. It protects the side skirts and front lip from all the scraps and when it get too bad I just take it off re-wrap it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.