Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my AMS hood installed yesterday and while washing the car today I noticed that the middle portion is lifted a bit. This seems to be a result of the spring on the stock hood latch. I thought I read somewhere that someone ended up removing the spring when he added his carbon hood but I'm not sure if I recall correctly.

So should I remove that spring? I'm thinking it needs to go since it's causing the hood to flex up a little in the middle and not be fully flush with the front end. What happens if I remove it though? Will I have trouble opening the hood since the springs not there to pop it up any more?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Super Moderator
3,449 Posts
Vendors have claimed that the spring doesn't have to be removed but I removed mine and there is no drawback save that you have to just claw a bit to lift the bonnet now.

Go ahead and remove it.

I've seen photos of the Mine's GTR and they've removed their spring too

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
How much weight did it save?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
mmmmm carbon bonnet

do want

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much weight did it save?
According to AMS the hood saves about 10 pounds over stock. Not much I know but looks were a big factor lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.